Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

From The Ground Up Day 4...



These are two different views of the pool I went to when growing up. It's also the very first diving board I ever went off. You cannot even imagine the peer pressure I suffered LOL to go off this tower. All the guys did it, and I'm sure a few crazy girls, but NOT yours truly. I'm not even sure if I've ever taken David to this pool and I don't know why not.

I think the water is about 24 feet deep in that part and there was always a goal to touch the bottom. I made it to 16 feet, in the diving board area, but that's it. Ears would pop. The next picture is of the concession area. We had no cover over it back then. I remember hot dogs, chips and zillions of bees! We'd spend the entire day and then go home starving. I remember eating banana sandwiches when I got home :) I'm sure you all have eaten those? LOL :) I once got grounded from the pool for a week. I remember Mom would NOT give in and I begged and pleaded and schemed....can't remember what it was I did!


Gosh what good times we had there! Guess it made up for lack of A/C and speaking of that....mine did not work when I turned it on. I have repair man coming today. It was a long, hot night! Also, and I'm not the least bit surprised, I need freon in my truck. It didn't cool either yesterday. You know...when it rains it pours. But today is a better day!

Ya'll head over to JFargo's My World In Pictures to see more of this project and it's not too late to sign up because there are 6 more days!

11 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Ah the summer days at the pool...I remember the high dive, and I did it, but hated every inch of the fall. And the starving business? Maybe that's what we should do to lose our middle age muffins...just swim all day. Imagine the calorie burn! Good luck with the a/c;)

JFargo said...

I never really jumped off any dive, let alone the high dive. I was a wuss as a kid, and hated even going underwater, not to mention jumping.Yesterday, when the temperature hit over 85 for the first time here this year? I would have jumped from the highest dive if it was the only way to go in. :)

TSannie said...

loved the pool days of summer! Our poon was a lake that had roped off swimming areas. We had a BLAST! Your banana sandwich reminded me of my favorite my dad invented and we consumed in great quantity. Peanut butter, banana and iceberg lettuce on white bread. If you really wanted to be decadent, you added a bit of mayo. Thanks for stirring up the memories, Deb!

Gattina said...

I love swimming but hate water in my face, lol ! so no diving for me !

Carletta said...

Good one Debbie!Not many pools have diving boards anymore. They're rare to see - they were all ripped up a few years ago.Sounds like summer has hit you in NC already - hot, humid - yeah, glad I'm not in VA anymore. Hope there isn't much wrong with the A/C.Have a wonderful day.

Mar said...

I am not much of a swimmer and would never dare to dive!Nice views of that pool.Happy Wednesday :)

juliana said...

i quite enjoy your take on the project :)i have never jumped from a diving board although i like to swim. i rarey do it now, though...

quilly said...

I did jump from one of those diving boards! I did it everyday for about a week, then went on vacation and spent over a week out of town and away from the pool. Once I returned to the pool, I looked up, my knees turned to jelly and I have never been able to climb that ladder again! I must have learned about mortality on that vacation!

Lisa J said...

I love to swim, wish we had a pool at the house again. I do miss that. But what I enjoy more than all of that is your music on your blog. Like me, you pick songs to go with your blog and they crack me up. You are very crative!!!! And I don't know how you find such a variety of songs. Have a great day.

Shelly said...

No way would I ever jump off that thing...much less dive. Scary scary scary...lolol.

Flea said...

I grew up where we could literally fry eggs on the sidewalk, but I didn't like the pool. My kids? LOVE it. Love your photos!