Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Why Did We Make It So Difficult?


During the recent debate in PA Charles Gibson asked Obama and Clinton a question based on a quote from the Constitution:

In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall choose from them by Ballot the Vice President.

Basically, if one or the other won the election, would they be willing to choose the other as Vice President? Neither one committed of course....duh.

However, this got me to thinking. What if, in November, as the Constitution states, when we vote on two people, the one with the least amount of votes should be appointed Vice President? Isn't that what it's saying? Epitome of bipartisanship? Would that not be the voice of the people?

Yes, I'm dreaming, but how can we ever expect to be united when we're already divided?

Moving on and I'm not making light of the polygamy mess in Texas...it's tragic. But what's up with the women's hairstyles? All those do's have to be maintained with massive amounts of hair spray wafting into the atmosphere.

Private property? If law enforcement suspects dog fighting, yes you Michael Vick, we just march in the back and arrest. Seems everyone knew this polygamy/cult thing was going on, what took so long?

Cable news is giving me a headache. I watch to keep informed. Last night, I became so aggravated over the talk of Reverend Wright and the "not wearing the flag lapel pin" that I did the obvious...turned the damn TV off. It's becoming harder and harder to keep up with my favorite shows. Didn't they used to start new in the Fall and run through Spring and reruns were in Summer? What's with the six new episodes, reruns, six new episodes, reruns crap? Yes, I have many more important things to think about but choosing not to at the moment.

Absolutely nothing in this post has really anything to do with why I'm angry. Why is it easier to be angry than sad when the person you love the most in this world is doing something wrong and you lack any control over stopping it from happening?

7 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I wish the lapel pin b.s. would stop. I worry about all those children in Texas. I agree with you on the hairdo thing...and their voices? Like nails on chalkboard.I am holding you and your son in my thoughts.

Carletta said...

Hi Debbie,Let's see - Toby Keith - YES! He could park his boots - well, you know.:)I hate politics - it's a crapshoot.Right now I'm tired listening to it all. I want my "Boston Legal."The Texas women scare me - slow monotone voices and they repeat the same over and over.Debbie, I have a 26 year old daughter that I love more than anything and we talk and discuss and then she hears her own drummer and follows that music.Your son will continue to follow his own drummer too. Hugs to you my friend.

Michelle said...

More than the hair, did you see the unibrow on that one?Did you see the pics on Hallie's blog this morning? I got an honorable mention!!Can't help you on the angry thing except to say that you can let the anger and frustration eat at you or you can move forward and let the anger go. I know, easier said than done.

Tonjia said...

Debbie, I love your outlook on stuff! The label pin crap has run its course, we need to quit spending time on it. I hate it more and more every 4 years when the media goes crazy over whoever is running for the president. our political system is such a dinsaur that it isnt even funny.with the electronic capabilites that we have today, why not let the VOTERS elect a president, and let the person who gets the 2nd largest number of votes be Vice??The electoral college should have been eliminated 100 yrs ago!just MHO...so, whats up with David?

CAROLYN said...

I hear ya on all counts! I think they believe the higher the hair, the closer to God they are. But if I had that hairdo, I wouldn't want to walk where there are pigeons ;)TV is too full of "reality" these days for me. As for politics- I don't think politicans should be allowed to run for President!Toby Keith rocks though :) Do you think his guitar could fit into one of those behive doo's ?

Lisa J said...

Life has it frustrations huh? But think of the alternative, I think I will deal with the frustrations. Sure have been enjoying my grandbaby, will share pictures soon! Hang in there.

foolery said...

Those women have been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long that a dull, brain-dead monotone is all they can manage. It's grimly satisfying to me when they don't know how to answer a question that will lead to either a lie or a naked truth. Macabre, I know, but I get a real thrill from yelling "BULLSH*T!" at my TV screen every morning these days. A lot. Over and over.Hang in there, Mom. Don't know how to help you so I'll just offer you a long-distance hug. And try yelling "BULLSH*T!" a lot. It could help.