Many will disagree, but I just don't see myself sitting alone in the swing, calling attention to keyword alone, and adding another memory to my already about to explode head. I did however, save the "swing seat" to put under the deck where....oh, just remembered my poor Maggie in the dog house under the deck and her not coming out because she was so sick and having her put to sleep. I am planning on getting another dog in the future from the shelter so I can deal with this one...
No one wants to read depressing blogs. I don't want to be depressed. It's a first for me. I've suffered losses. I've been sad, cried, counted my blessings and felt better. This has a channel lock grip on my heart and won't let go. You guys are more than welcome to visit and not comment. I'll understand. I'm halfway through a movie I started last night: Into The Wild. A son graduates college and spends the next couple of years in the Alaskan wilderness finding himself. I could deal with that.
This particular decision is just wrong on so many levels and I'll shut up now. The swing pictures and hopefully the last yucky blog post. I'll either post happy to make YOU smile or not at all :)
Duh...might help if I got them off camera.....
There are two bird houses sitting on each side. Lots of traffic in this area, so who would have known a little chickadee had made a nest? I move it and darned if she didn't come looking for it. Well you know how that went in my head...Mom losing babies...so I moved both houses on to the steps of the back deck and watching to see if she finds them. I didn't actually see eggs.Hammer, crowbar....won't budge...sledge hammer, yes.


After a trip to the dentist tomorrow to repair the tooth that partially broke off while eating crunchy cereal yesterday morning...I may head to the dump...if I feel like it. But then again, there's still room in the truck for more junk to make $10 fee worthwhile even though it will probably cost $5 in gas to get there and back.
I can't even think of a comment to leave on this post...so just keep me in your prayers, please :)
14 comments:
Are you ok? You dont always have to write happy blogs. You should write whatever you want. Go get that sheter doggy. Doggy breath and tail wags make everything better.Hallie
As much as I like to think EVERYTHING revolves around me, it doesn't.Which is why I need to check on m friends of which I consider you one. Hang in there and know I'm thinking of you. Adding you to my worry list is no big deal!! I'm good at worrying!Hallie :)
I am so keeping you in my thoughts. Get to the shelter soon! Dogs cure everything.
Hey, everyone gets to be in a funk once in a while. Watching our kids go off when we have such strong feelings especially after been there done that makes the funk even deeper. sure it's not empty nest rather than the choice he made? I have the sure cure, come out here to Oklahoma, chase a couple tornadoes with me, I introduce you to a couple cowboys, and I even think we could find PW's place and sneek a peak!!! Bring long telephoto lens maybe, and running shoes. airport just 20 minutes away, can be there before blink an eye. I'll get your room ready and do you mind sharing with the puppies? ps, just pay the neighbor 20 bucks to mow your yard or let it grow, no excuses see you soon.
As many often tell me, this is your blog. We just come to peek in at you and the things you want to share with us. If it's depressing, or sad, or just a plain rant, that's okay. In the end, these blogs are ours to do with as we wish. It sometimes startles me that people want to read all of the heartbreak and trainwreck that I leave on my own. Hugs to you...
Awww, Deb, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. And I know exactly what you mean--I also worry that if I blog about my "off" times, nobody will ever come back again. BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE!!! You go ahead and say whatever you want to say, however you want to say it, on your blog. And we will not only stick with you, but we will continue to comment, too! Not that any of it will make you feel any better...HAHAHA! There are some things in life that are just plain hard and we need help getting through it sometimes...and that's okay. I know for sure how much better your comments make me feel when I'm like that. Unfortunately, I'm probably just making you feel worse...BWAHAHAHA! Really, though...always here for ya. And if you don't take lisaj up on her offer, I'M GONNA!!!! :)
Debbie, It is ok to be in a funk now and then. I have those moments quite often. Times when I know there is so much I should be doing, need to be doing, REALLY WANT TO BE DOING, but all I can do is sit and think about those things. Just remember that we are all here for you. You should send me your phone number via email so I can call you.I have verizon so free long distance!
Debbie,Sometimes it's best to get it off your chest and you have people here who will listen. A lot of the times we see things in ourselves and can relate to what you're going through. And..we comment to give you hope for brighter days.Hugs my friend - lots of hugs!Hug your son too, tell him you love him - so he can hug you back.
I've recently found myself reasoning between logic and sentiment about a few things that have memories tied to them. Ultimately I decided to move on, rise up, the future is for more memory making...some things dear to my heart I keep, but they are usually small things...I try not to be a pack rat...I have a little red wagon that needs to go by the wayside...and it will. Kids grow up, but I am figuring out an empty nest just might be what I need to stretch my own wings...I think a puppy is a GREAT idea...nothing better than a wagging tail and someone always happy to see you...Hope your day gets better,hugs to you...Joni
Everyday is not a happy day and if you feel blue it is ok to share. The blogging world supports you during these times.You really need to go get another puppy really soon Deb. There is one out there that is just waiting for you to come give hin a good loving home...go get it.To comment on your comment about All Men with the name David being gorgeous?...................OURS ARE!You also ask me what I do with my collages. Sometimes I send them to a blogger as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) or as a giveaway of as a birthday card. I have them for sale on Etsy too but mostly they are just tucked away in a card box I have. I am still learning so many different techniques to collage. Hopefully someday I will have a following. The collage I made for Joni was part of a "Pay It Forward" challange that Nita at Red Tin Heart had a few months back. Joni was one of the three that commented on that post.Hope you have a better day tomorrow. We are here for you if you need us.Big HugsPatti
I checked out the site you sent me ont he dolls. Yeah they do have eyes bigger then their mouths. Humm..you may have a point there. Women are to be seen and not heard. You are so clever and so funny.Thanks for sharing that.Patti :)
See? Here I am, back again! HAHAHAHA! Speaking strictly for myself, I am not easy to get rid of! How ya doin' today, my friend? I loved your comment--what is it with these "boys" of ours rolling their eyes at us??? Todd looks at me sometimes like I have two heads and glow in the dark--which, just ask Hallisicle--I might eventually do :)!!!Because I am nosey I read everyone else's comments to you, and I think one thing is universal. You need to get yourself a canine companion! Seriously, Deb...like, now. Without Frank and Nancy, I would be sitting in the corner drooling on myself. And a real pain in the ass to my kids. And I would have NO blogger friends. Do it! You will not be sorry...
Hi, Like everyone has said, don't worry about your posts. We all go through things and need to vent and let them out. I do on my blog too sometimes. And it's ok to ditch somethng that brings up bad memories or sad feelings. Sometimes we just have to clean house (mentally). Another dog sounds good. They give us so much unconditional love. Feel better soon! ((Hugs))
I didn't realize that when I visited yesterday I didn't get as far as this post (I'm a little behind -- no, a BIG behind, but that's another story). So sorry to hear that stuff is eating you up. No easy answers, but never feel you have to apologize for your various blog moods.Okay, so I just apologized today for last night's weird-ass post, but that's different -- I'm mental. Smile when you're ready, and until then rant like no one can hear you and curse like a sailor if you feel like it. You can always erase it later, ha ha!Cheers to you my bloggy friend,Laurie @ Foolery
Post a Comment