Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Was Going To Be Hugs...

My Mom always told me hugging just didn't exist much when she was growing up. We didn't hug at all during my childhood that I can remember. Always said I love you, but no hugs. I guess you knew you were loved when ya got smacked upside the head for talking back LOL!

Once I went into the Air Force and we had all these hellos and goodbyes to get through, hugging became a natural part of the family make up...... thank God! I remember having to adjust to the adult male hugging (not the boyfriend kind, I was FINE with that). My Dad had died when I was young so I wasn't used to that. Now, hell I'll hug anybody and have lots of it, when I manage to get out of house!


I have a point here I think. I had it before I stopped thinking and took pictures of birds fighting out window. And my son got up early and got me off track cause it was so quiet. Now I hear his radio and they are talking about gas prices. Chit...I may have to pause here....well I'll be damned. The street cleaner is coming by now and vacuuming up the dirt from the rain. Always an insult because my yard is filled with new sediment and they are cleaning street. They are trying to keep it from running down storm drain...ROFL how stupid when I have a muddy yard. See how I get off track.


I'm back and in a span of 5 minutes the subject of post has changed. Of course, I had to take picture of street cleaner. This blogging may be good exercise occasionally LOL. I keep getting up. Asked my boy where he was going and he's just in a short answer mood...not fully awake. Bass Pro Shop. (1 1/2 hour away) With Jennifer. Buy fishing stuff. I mentioned Little Mason's funeral today and he said he wasn't invited. Funeral etiquette is not something we've discussed much. Another Thank God. We will continue that discussion later...after fishing supplies are bought. Good grief.


Okay, that wasn't nice Mom. He hasn't been to one since his Nana's funeral and when he was 13 he had to go to his BF's funeral who died from Leukemia. Stop......this is a good post. Not going all over. Son does have a BIG heart!


Back to birds fighting and David's new girl buddy. We're just friends, Mom. He just told me he forked out $150 for the Lowe's Nascar race and hasn't decided who he'll take. Well, duh, I've already figured this one out. She's a nurse where he works, smart, gorgeous, not blonde which for him is a BIG switch. Different and funny. Gosh David, sounds like a good buddy to me! She also made him bowl the other night with no beer drinking and she beat the crap out of him. Go girl! I haven't had the pleasure, but I was peeking out the window of course and watched her make him change his T-shirt to a Polo the other evening. I think I like her already LOL.


The world is in a lot worse shape now than when my Mom grew up. Maybe that's why we all hug more. We hug online ((hugs)) on TV and in public. Everywhere. We all need each other desperately. Politicians are hugging. Oh, that was original blog. Obama is here today. Ya'll see how my brain works? Scary huh? I was going to see him but it's a standing room only thing and I'm saving gas. One trip for tickets and one trip out there and back. Too much.

Okay enough...I'm getting on my own nerves and what could you possibly remember to comment on? I'll leave you with 3 pictures....

Robin is fighting with two blue birds and won't let them get to their home.

They are patiently waiting because they know it's weird...why is Robin looking here for worms?

Robin got smart...whew...all is still well at home!

But what the hell is that noise?

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I am so liking Jennifer. Hugs to you. Hugs to the birds. Hell, hugs to the street sweeper. Very big hugs to Mason's family.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

So sorry to hear about Mason and his family. Big hugs to all of them. We weren't big huggers in my family either, but got a little better as all of us kids started moving away, similar to your Air Force experience. Lots of goodbyes.

Michelle said...

We did not hug in our family either. When I was about 19 I became friends with this gal and her family hugged. I was so stiff at it. She said I had "skin hunger". Needless to say, I am a hugger. I hug my daughter for ne reason at all! My brother is not much of a hugger either. Hugs to you (((DEBBIE)))

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Your world looks so much greener than mine!! I'm jealous :)JOhn is home!! YIPPEE!! I am one happy gal.Hallie :)