Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Dodged A Bullet....

Thank you God for stopping the rain when you did! Guys, had to move truck and was flying around downstairs picking things off floor, never mind the furniture YIKES!! Anyone watching a creek rise knows the panic. I had just settled down with door open and watching rain through screen and enjoying the peacefulness and the movie I had just popped in. I took many pictures...duh...and they all looked like this!


Today I took some of the debris and sediment left. You can tell how far it came up!





If you enlarge you can see the red arrows how far it came up and the debris...

The swing would have been under water about a foot and the water came to arrow!

Red line is property line. My dear neighbor Jason doesn't mow much!


The red line indicates how far it came into my yard! Was up to pine tree on other side!

I think you get the idea LOL. Yes, I contacted the wonderful Village and asked them to come by and take a look. They have ridden by a couple of times. Supposed to have more storms today. I also asked them what effect the widening of the new road up behind the new neighborhood was going to have regarding run off. Will let you know if they EVER respond!

On the upside! I didn't flood and since I'd cleaned a little in garage, not a lot was on the floor. I told David if this keeps up, I am moving EVERYTHING upstairs furniture-wise. He said "not till after I leave!" Well gosh David, no, everything is always Mom's problem!

7 comments:

Carletta said...

Hi Debbie,I saw where you visited me and clicked over here.I just read your post about the hitting your head - ouch! I know it hurts and I'm glad you're ok, but you made me laugh about the swing getting you back!When we moved into this house we originally wanted on the river. Since that and I few storms I'm just as glad we didn't. I guess storm drainoff is enough for you.I also laughed at your rain pics - that was too funny!

kim-d said...

Well now, those are some massive-sized raindrops! Where you live is absolutely beautiful, Deb--just gorgeous. But, man...well, and good luck on hearing back from the local powers-that-be...BWAHAHAHA. If they do get back to you, please post and we can all mark our calendars!Go here: www.postsecret.blogspot.com. It is fascinating. Go all the way back and it explains what it's all about. I'll be interested to hear what you think...but be prepared to spend some time reading!!!! It's addictive. It's funny, touching, sad, happy, disturbing and addictive all at the same time. Just like life :).

Lea said...

"Noah!""Yes Lord?""I want you to build an ark.""A what?!"and so it goes...Glad it didn't flood too badly!Hugz,Lea

Tonjia said...

EEEK!!! I hate rising water, I am so glad you guys didnt flood.Whats with all the rain anyway?

Treasure Barn said...

435393Glad you didn't floodWhat a pretty yard you have it so green just like here in wet rainy Oregon.How is yoru head today?Thanks for stopping by to go with me to the woodworking places. I am glad you enjoyed it.Yes it is nice to have a husband to do things with but being retired and being together all the time sometimes can be annoying. I need to find something to do without him. You know...we all need some time alone. Right? Am I wrong?HugsPatti

Lisa J said...

Love the pics and the yard, everything is sooooo green. What a view! We are working on our rain runoff with tons of gravel and river rock. so keep your fingers crossed that it works for us otherwise we will have ditches the size of the grand canyon before long!

ed said...

情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,淘,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊借錢,黃金,黃金回收,黃金價格,黃金買賣,當舖A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍