This is beginning to get serious now. Mental P over at The Mental Pause Chronicles and Maggie at Okay, Fine, Dammit's so much for lightening up… (couldn't get blog link to work) have given me the desperately needed motivation to get going here.
Yesterday, getting ready to go out in the world other than in T-shirt or sweatshirt and jeans, I literally tore my bedroom and closet apart. (and later found out David showed his guest around) I could not find anything that fit, looked right or remotely resembled anything proper to wear to a funeral. And in my head does it really friggin matter what you wear? This is so old...it's the event that matters! Same thing with church? Do we think God really cares?
I finally found something but left my room looking like hell. I didn't allow time for all that changing. I thought I'd miraculously find something to wear at first glance. WRONG! Well, I got out the door and it was a beautiful service with lots of love and hugs and I truly believe Ashlie will be okay :) Well, I hung around quite awhile, ate and laughed some and then because even though I had left the button on pants undone at top, I was getting uncomfortable, to the point if I don't get these unzipped my stomach is going to explode feeling. There's something about acid reflux and tight waist bands that doesn't mesh! You get the picture...
I get home and David is here with "buddy" "friend" "girl". I pull up and they are outside. He asked me how it went and I was talking casually from inside the truck (because my pants were unzipped by this time). Lovely son..."Well, Mom are you getting out?" He wanted to introduce me.
Well, since I've been blogging...for some reason, things just pop out of my mouth in real life like I type for you guys. I had already announced when I left my little group of friends OUT LOUD when they didn't want me to leave, that I have to go because "I'm sure there are people in this room who can only take a poop at their own house". Unbelievable, but that launched another conversation! (only to delay my dilemma even longer!)
"Yes, David I'm getting out but I have to zip my pants up first" I said to two people who have like 2% body fat. And no, they didn't get it. "Hi Jennifer, nice to finally meet you"
Zip Zip. Thank God she's a nurse in the ER and has seen all types of loonies and horrible situations. She didn't flinch. David wanted to crawl under something but like he tells me...you'll get over it. All went well, she's nice....blah blah blah. But I did mention later to David it felt like he'd brought a "woman" home instead of a "girl". He said well I think she's older than I thought. Really? How old? Well, maybe like 28.
You think I'm going there.....nope. My almost 22 year old son is suppose to leave in 10 weeks for basic training. I have a friggin closet to clean out thanks to Mental P listed way up there first. I'm taking it all out. Emptying the entire closet. Of course there's crap in there in no way related to clothes. I know you're thinking she's going to pull it out and put it all on bed and then when time for bed it will all go on floor. You are probably right. BUT, it will have to be dealt with then. I can't walk around it forever or close the door and not look. So that is the goal for today.
Now, Maggie (above also) has just jump started me into action. I read her post and it motivated me in so many ways. You all will just have to go over and check out some of her posts! Yes, go! After I clean/throw out my closet and take a nap LOL, after my coffee on 2nd wakeup, I am going to walk one mile on that treadmill with phone nearby to call 911 if needed. I have had it with this extra weight around my middle and creeping into other areas. If Maggie can go from where I am (sitting on my ass and overweight) to running a friggin marathon, then I can at least honor her achievement by getting my ass in gear here!!
Ya'll go do something now...ya hear?
6 comments:
Awwww, geeeeez, I'm totally blushing right now. You are just too sweet. Now could you please move in with me and continue spewing these sweet nothings, and at the same time convince my family of my imminent importance?? They just won't listen.(By the way, in the interest of full disclosure, it was nowhere near a marathon -- it was only an 8k. But to this overweight Wisconsin housewife, it might as well have been a marathon, I'll tell you that much....) ;)
Awww, man! You people! Now I suppose I'm gonna have to get off my fat Minnesota ass and going going, too, huh? Awww, man! HAHA!I'll tell ya, Deb, I'm one of those that has gained the weight from HEAD TO TOE and, nope, it's not pretty. And it also looks like a clothing store exploded in my bedroom. Living alone is not conducive to keep things in tip-top shape...So, David has a WOMAN friend, huh? That could be a very good thing, right? Especially a nurse...I have the utmost admiration for nurses. So, good for David for having a nice friend. Right? :)
I love reading you. You are such a crazy gal that keeps me laughing, yet you inspire me too. How does that happen? I have been inspried to clean my garage (not yet done but still inspired to do it!) I want to get up and start walking too. So why don't we both get up and walk a little ways then come back to the computer and report in on what we did? How does that sound? Have a great day.
Great post! I actually launched a button across a dinner table not too long ago. Pretty. Oh, happy cleaning and you're welcome! :0
Oh Debbie,You're a hoot!If I can't find elastic waist dress pant to wear - I ain't going!Chucked those zippers years ago..I'm going away to visit my daughter tomorrrow so I have to get up now and do laundry - pull on capris and t-shirts...
heee. I did the same thing to my closet this weekend and then shut the door....arrrgh I have so gotta go back into the 5th level of hell this weekend. Not looking forward to it...
Post a Comment