Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Sky Watch Friday!

This was taken on one of the main roads in our town they call a Village. Population: 17,000. I've traveled by here thousands of times, but in order to snap a shot, I had to pull into a Private drive. It was during 5:00 traffic. To the left of this barn is a beautiful lake and gazebo on down the hill, but the sun was still too bright to take that shot. The road is being widened to 4 lanes, encroaching on many country homes. Dissapointing. I said a little prayer and luckily backed out of traffic without having to take a picture of a wreck!

I'm going to bravely go add my link this time, after showing my looney side last week. I spent over an hour trying to find a free digital picture framing site. Anyone want to share some framing ideas to use without PhotoShop and layers and all that technical stuff :) please feel free to share!

27 comments:

Old Wom Tigley said...

Hi DebbieThanks for joining in again... I was hoping last week had not put you off..I use some of these products to mess around with.. I do not have or could afford Photoshop and find Serif very good. I signed up for their offers by email and have just got they DrawPlus 8, plus the resource CD and with that came two books and 100k Graphics Pack DVDAll for £12.99.. which is 25.9293 USD.Have a look here as they do have free downloads. http://www.serif.com/All the best and thank again for joining in with the fun of Sky Watch.. if you need to contact me about Serif or anything my e-mail is in my profile.. tom

Carletta said...

Hey Debbie,I love this shot! Very nice composition!

Paulie said...

Worth the trouble to get the photo for sure!

dot said...

HI Debbie! I always enjoy barn pictures and take as many as I can find.You might want to try picnik.com. It's fun and very easy to use.

Low Iron Only said...

beautifully serene

Andrea said...

I see you are from NC. I thought this looked like something close to home here in Georgia. Beautiful picture. Love the old barn and the beautiful green pasture.

Mike said...

Great to see all that green!!

quintarantino said...

As for the technical part of the thing you can always try PICASA, PHOTOBIE (freeware), DCEnhancer (freeware) and ColorCastFX (I think this one is also freeware).Photoshop is without doubt king of kings but I must tell you that CS3, that I think is their latest, got my buying a 350 pages book with DVD and so, and so ... and I still keep looking at that like a "donkey watching the cathedral" (this is a portuguese saying).As for the photo, I guess that one can only say it's quite good and with a nice composition.

John said...

Very nice shot!

Daniel J Santos said...

Interesting post, great picture, well done.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Look at you with all your comments!! :)Shmoops does look so different from Xmas already! Hallie :)

Just Joni said...

Beautiful picture...very serene. Can't imagine it associated with all the traffic you described...always fun to look through the lens of another, thanks for sharing.have a good day ~

lv2scpbk said...

Nice photo. I see your reading A New Earth book with Oprah. I bought the book but haven't started yet.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

This is a beautiful shot... the green is absolutely gorgeous!!As to your question about fonts in the blog... I go into Edit HTML tab, and into the Edit Template and will scroll down to the Variable name= bodyfont-description= "text font" and will change the font in there and preview first before saving. Always backup your template before working with the html if you aren't familiar with it. Most people do anyways. I hope this helped a bit.Have a good weekend, Debbie! ~Michele~The Rocky Mountain Retreat

Anne-Berit said...

Great shot:o)

Lisa J said...

Hey, I really like that picture. I have not gotten to do my meme thing, and I am leaving town for the weekend, so I will do it next week. I promise! Didn't get the box cleaned out either, where does my time go? Oh I know, went to lunch with my parents, and brought the niece and nephew home with me to teach me more about webkinz world!!! Then had class last night. That is where my time goes!!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Very nice.

Sharon said...

This is a very pretty, calming picture. I would love to see the rest of the view!Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Denise BC said...

Very nice, great picture, good Skywatch.Denise BC

Treasure Barn said...

Great picture! I share your love of old barns as you know. This is great!I use print artist or print master. I am just learning Photoshop....it is very HARD.HugaPatti

Dancin' Fool said...

Great shot, and very peaceful. I use the free download from Google Picasa for photo editing and find it to be very good and easy to use. For framing Coral has some good features but it is not free. Hope that helps! Bye for now.

cocabixinhos said...

Thanks for sharing :)

gardenpath said...

Debbie, this is a wonderful shot. I love old barns. Is it the same one you used in your header. Doesn't green grass add to the beauty of the blue sky?

andrée said...

Check out http://www.photoshop.com/express/. I don't know if they have framing yet. Also: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/. Both are free.That is really awful that they are adding all those lanes to such a beautiful area. When are we going to realize there is hardly any room left for this? I love your photo!

Cláudia said...

Very nice shot, peacefull place.

Craver Vii said...

Thanks for leaving a nice comment at my blog.I visited North Carolina twice. I enjoyed it both times, but I understand the feeling of losing yard space to extra traffic.Keep us updated on your progress as it relates to programs. I use Picasa, beause it's free. I am very happy with the things I can do in it, but I also keep trying to learn how to take better pictures that need less post-editing. It's a way's off yet, but we must keep trying, right?

ed said...

情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,淘,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊借錢,黃金,黃金回收,黃金價格,黃金買賣,當舖A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍