Is there such a thing as blog block? Looking around trying to come up with something witty and funny to talk about. No luck. Upon observing his wife applying wads of cotton to toothpicks, Leo Gerstenzang, the original founder of the Q-tips® Company, conceived the idea of manufacturing a ready-to-use cotton swab. He found the Leo Gerstenzang Infant Novelty Co., a firm which marketed baby care accessories.
1926
The product was originally called Baby Gays and in 1926, the labels were changed to read Q-tips® Baby Gays. Later the name Baby Gays was discarded and Q-tips® became the identifying mark for cotton swabs. The Q in Q-tips® stands for quality and the word tips describes the cotton swab at the end of the stick.

Yes! I will help! Thinking, finally, some GOOD blog pics! JK...Well, I waited and waited and email came....Thank you for your blah, blah, blah, but we have all the volunteers we need at this time. Well, WTH? Could you tell I had an ulterior motive just from my name and phone number? I want an Obama sign for my yard, I was EVEN going to put on makeup, I planned on what I would wear, I might just have met the man of my dreams, and it would have gotten me off my ass! Geez...and tomorrow is Wednesday and I'm going to be guilted into going back in that FRIGGIN attic!
UPDATE: After drafting this last night, I got the call. I'm supposed to be there at 12:00. Also, David showed me a GOING AWAY gift he got from one of the ER nurses. He also warned me to be careful in the location I'm going today. Which I thought strange, but sweet, coming from a son who will probably end up in Afganistan. It's 6 a.m. and if I write how I really feel, it will leave a yucky ending to the post. So....maybe I will be forced into holding my head up high, wipe the tears, count my blessings and look forward to what the day may bring....maybe a stray cowboy from PW's ranch? Whatever...I sure won't find anything sitting here in PJ's!

5 comments:
Oh Deb! What? What do you mean, if you wrote how you really feel? Ya got me very confused in that paragraph??????So today you're going to volunteer for a visit by Mrs. Finally Proud of Her Country? Hehe. I won't get going; I don't know enough about either of them to make any "informed" comments, but I've heard just enough to not be sure if I want to take the time to find out more. What do you like about this candidate? Cause, man, I'm really having problems trying to figure out what I'm gonna do and who I'm gonna vote for. Slim pickin's, that's my assessment!
I think China needs to be punished for sending toys painted in lead into our country for our children to get sick on. Poisoned food, and many other things that never seem to get much publicity. It makes me so mad. On a lighter note, I thought it was very interesting about the history of q-tips. I never knew that. xoxo Nita
Writers block, I get it all the time. How people blog every day is beyond me. You and the attic, me and the garage. We neither one want to go there. We are building a cabinet to put the microwave on and then some storage plus a trash compacter. Little steps, but someday I will either have a new house, or a more functional one. Have a fun day.
So how do you really feel?Baby Gays huh? HummmmYou are a funny girl.Thanks for stopping by to see my dolls. They all mean alot to me and I was so happy to have a reason to stop procrastinating and get them out of the trunk.Hope you are okay. Maybe you really do need a cowboy!HugsPatti
Thanks so much for leaving such a funny comment on my blog today. I think you and your blood pressure will be just fine, ha ha.I don't think I could work crowd control -- I'd have a fit and fall in it within the first 20 minutes. But I admire your grit!-- Laurie @ Foolery
Post a Comment