Yeah, I just now went ahead and paid $79.95 to Turbo Tax, filed, printed and oh gosh, why didn't I just put it off ONE more day! I put all info in another cheaper one, but didn't get the same results...owed much more money, so all is well and done for this year. I will call in 48 hours and attempt to get discount and reduced fee but, if not, it is what it is.
I also started checking out some cell phones...still no decision. David has no clue who his provider will be when he starts paying for his own, so maybe I'll get a plan with friends. I sure see the damn commercial enough!
After digging out shorts last week, I am now sitting here with heat back on and sweat jacket on because it's 37 degrees. Beautiful sunny day :) Not sure what the temp will get to.
My Mom let me have this swing years ago...wow, changing subject...and it has literally been located all over my property. I finally had it in the perfect spot, right under the willow tree that is gone now and by the creek. Landscaped around it, pull container flowers...had it done right! Even had a bridge my brother built, where you could walk over creek. Well you can guess...damn creek rose, took bridge thru culvert and under road and ended up across street. All plants, a small bench...everything but swing...gone. Recovered bridge, but ended up getting rid of it which I hated.
I don't like to weed eat around the swing. Any way last year David told me if I moved it ONE MORE TIME (he always helped) that I was going to owe him $20.00. No problem. Well, week before last, I moved it myself. Yes, it looked stupid in front of garage and on concrete, but I'm seriously getting sick of mowing around things. 2 car garage with no cars inside here. I paid the boy the $20 and he first said he wouldn't take it, then changed mind LOL. He said it looks ridiculous and I'll move it back for you. I told him no, I wanted to think on it.
No, he doesn't mow because I'm not working right now, so he hasn't mowed around it for a whole season like I have. Well, went out the other day and he had moved the swing back! It was getting on his nerves. If I had acquired this swing by any means other than my Mom, I would have taken a friggin sledge hammer to it when I saw it moved. Yes, all this anger is from my son's recent career decision. I had to pick up one side, move, walk to other side, move, about 25 times to get it done. I have to pause here and lean out window in freezing cold to take a pic of said swing.
Laughing now at how ridiculous I looked to people driving by LOL LOL. First pic is standing on deck in back and 2nd is from window over garage. I had truck backed up of course when swing was sitting where truck is now. Laughing more at why I even think any reader actually gives a hoot where the swing is! Shit.

Yes, I need to unwind the flag...

No, I'm not nervous, can't write with that brush thingy. You get the idea. El cheapo photo editor me :) I will post another pic WHEN IT'S MOVED!
Now, I'll go and worry about Iraq, China, homelessness, starvation, human rights, illegal immigration, etc. IMPORTANT THINGS.
With a small smile because I got my taxes done!
10 comments:
Our Goodwill has a drive thru - you don't even get out of your car. They open your trunk and remove it all for you!!I LOVE IT!!!Hallie
Your taxes are done? I'm jealous and I know that they are due tomorrow!YIKES!!!!Kimmy
Our goodwill has a drive thru too! I love it!We also have a drive through "habitat for humanity" store. Its one of my favorites..Our taxes are done, turbo-taxed and gone! Our federal taxes are already spent!Bre's is done too. Lackland finally got her W2's to her.Love the swing!!! Now I want to see a pic of you in it...
Yeah, this is the first year my husband got out taxes done before the deadline! With Turbo Tax of course.Glad its over with...we owed! Yuk!Patti
Hey my new friend.....You are the winner of my first anniversary give away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congratulations Debbie !Email me your address so I can get your package off to you.I am so happy you participated!
Hmm, that is interesting to read that TurboTax got you more money. I used a free software linked through the IRS website. Maybe I would have gotten more with TurboTax, too? No matter, I guess, because I am just happy they are done.
Yup, we are still working on taxes. I just reminded hubby that I still have to file in Oregon for last year too. 8:45 and still doing taxes!
Debbie, I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you! I'm sitting here laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes so whichever you need from me we'll go with that ok!Hugs,
Oh Debbie, LOL! I was paying Turbo Tax yesterday right along with you. So why didn't we wait just one more day?!!! BW
Could you try the swing on the other side of the house? 'Cause I'd really like to see it there.Kidding, kidding -- no mail bombs, please. :)Wow, houses with real bricks. Not a smart thing here in shake-rattle-roll California (just waiting for The Big One), but I do love real brick houses.Cheers, Debbie! Way to go on the taxes!-- Laurie @ Foolery
Post a Comment