Finally did my taxes yesterday. I was going to pay the bills then jumped to taxes. My insurance company was advertising free filing or 20% off if I went thru their site to Turbo Tax. A couple months ago, I sat down with David and gave him a lesson in filing his taxes. We used TurboTax...piece of cake...$29.95 I think.
Zoom Zoom...got to print & file on MINE and it said I owed something like $79.95. WTH! I went to online techie Nayrheem Kahn ? and he said informed me after a long session, I would have to efile then call to get discount. I could also question the fee charged. I'm thinking AFTER I pay? GRRRRRR!
Yep, paying $79.95 for a FRIGGIN $5.00 refund from Federal! (Hallie, seriously, stop laughing!) At this point in time, I just want to pay/print and put the shit away in the "safe place cabinet". Finished. Over. Done.
Received the phone bill. $48.05. Still have landline. Still have MagicJack over there >>>>>>>> not plugged in and still no cell phone. Make a friggin decision Debbie! Not rocket science. Yes, I'm getting on my own nerves.
And OF COURSE the stuff I took out of the attic and put on kitchen table is STILL on the kitchen table. Since David and I rarely eat together...he works 12 hour shifts and has usually eaten or is planning on eating somewhere else, it's not a problem in that way. Kim at lifeafter... warned me about this! Wonder how she knew? I think we're a lot a like (wink)
The 8x11 color picture of intestines with diverticulosis is still on my desk where I can see it along with a variety of other crap. The clutter guru's warn you about stuff piling up! I learned in the Air Force years ago, A B C piles. You know...setting priorities. All that military training was good for me WHILE I was actually active-duty. The old me popped right back out afterwards.
Michelle at Shays Mom said yesterday she was going to post today about gas prices. I barely know today's date yet I remember. Gas has become a major issue. I DO plan my route now if I'm going out. I try to do a circle. I even have to think of it when mowing. $8.80 to fill up that little plastic container.
Hey...that gives me a great idea! The truckers are striking about fuel prices...I think I'm going to put a sign in my yard (oh crap, now I have to go find a pic)

Now that I spent 30 minutes trying to find a picture...that doesn't even protest gas prices vs mowing...I REALLY need to get up and get busy!
Ya'll have a good day!
13 comments:
Buy Sheep, it is cheaper than gas. At least that is what it says on my blog (hehe)Get your butt on that land line of yours and call cell phone providers to start figuring out which plan is right for you!Later girl
Oh, I almost forgot, thanks for the advertisement in your blog.
Damn you make me laugh!! And seriously, I can NOT not laugh at your tax refund. That is just freakin hysterical!! I even went home and told John. You were part of our dinner conversation.Hallie :)
Thanks for posting on my blog today! I have been doing Pilates for almost two years now. When I started it was so hard, but now it has become much easier! I hope you have a great day!Kimmy
Maybe I've become spiritual about saving the world from fecal particles!!Hallie
$79. for taxes, I would be thrilled. Paid over $300 last year just to have someone else deal with my mess. Now that I am retired, only paid 149.00. Next year, might even try it myself!! Since moving to a smaller home, I feel like stuff piles up by itself overnight. But I choose to not notice and just stay in my little corner of the world that has a computer and tv. Plus a window to check the weather and birds!!! You are cleaning an attic, I just need to find the garage. It was NEVER this way when I was working and living in a bigger house. What's happening to meeeeeee??????Have a great day =)
You MAY have reduced your out of pocket expense but you can't take away the intial funniness of it all. You can try but it won't work!!Hallie :)
OMG you crack me up. I am such a major procrastinator. I have about 4 loads of laundry to do. Dishes I rinsed like - 3 days ago still needing to go in the dishwasher and the house needs swept and mopped. But the computer calls.... oh my. So much fun here in blog land.BTW, you've been tagged!!
This is the longest I've ever waited to get my taxes done. Note that I said 'get them done' not do them myself.
Now that I've had my daily dose of laughter...MAYBE, I'll go do the laundry or vacumn or....NOT!!!! Blogging is way more fun.
We are still working working on our taxes. Or should I say that hubby is working on our taxes. I think he has us down to owing less than 2K!! Seriously, I was on unemployment for 4 months and we had one good event on the stock market and made too much money. It sucks because we lost a ton moving out here to Florida. I would have loved to get $5.00 back. Any word on the cell phone yet?Who is leaving AI tonight? Ramiel I think. What say you?
oohhh. the gas. I hate it so much when that little light comes on. our solution for the lawn is to buy a solar charger and portable fencing and rotationally graze the critters...I'm so not kidding. People will drive by a see a horse and two cows in the front yard......
You are so funny Debbie.Feel lucky with that amount to IRS We did ours yesterday and we owe over $2500.00 and we are retired UGH!
Post a Comment