I seem to be playing this morning LOL! I'm learning little tricks as I go along in the blog world! Not many, compared to other blogs, but WTH? At least I figured out how to get a space between paragraphs. It was really annoying me. I kept hitting enter and it wasn't doing anything.
I want to thank everyone for their recent comments on my last two posts: Ground Wire and Attic. Virtual new friends who were strangers, can leave the most warm and heart-felt responses and I really do cherish and appreciate your comments. I'm sending big hugs out to you all :)
Okay...why did no one ask me why I have two of my son's casts from his fractured elbow up in my attic? Was that not strange to you? Did you not know what they were?
Awhile back, I was going through some of his things, and I found all his baby teeth I'd saved. Maybe no one else saves teeth or casts....anyway...I showed them to David and he said "Oh gross, Mom!" I said "Don't you want to keep them?" To which he replied "Mom, that is sick...throw them away!" I took one more look at those treasured teeth and threw them in the trash. He was still shaking his head as he walked away. Yes, son, Mom is an idiot.
Last weekend, in the garage, I was straightening up, well actually, trying to wade through. Here he comes. "Whatcha doin?" I'm just getting rid of some stuff David. Why don't you go through that box of old school stuff. He did. I kept busy at what I was doing. He was there for awhile, reminiscing and next thing I knew, he was saying, "Okay, Mom, I love you...heading to..." I finished my mess and went to see what he'd accomplished. My son had in 30 minutes managed to throw ONE piece of paper in the trash. Smiling, I thought, "Yes, you are your Mother's son!"



11 comments:
Yes, I saved baby teeth as well. And my kids think it is gross too. but then my daughter wanted the three screws that came out of her ankle, she can't comment any more about me saving things!
BUSTED! :) I'm the one who did not know WHAT they were. And to be honest, Deb, you've commented at "my place" enough that I was a little scared to ask...BWAHAHAHA! So...are we ever gonna get to see a pic of David, or does he not want his face plastered on the internets? HA! I had to laugh over you getting excited at learning to separate paragraphs; I, too, get really excited over each new little thing I figure out how to do, in my computer illiterate state! Yup, yup, Deb, I think you and I are probably the Dorks of the Blog World. Glad to have company! HAHA!
How sweet. And congrats on getting that extra space between paragraphs. Figuring out something on these blogs can make your whole day.
LOL. Each of my girls have a cardboard banker's box I've filled with their personal momentos since they were kids. I call it my GUMMY BOX because sugary gumdrops that have been glued onto a piece of construction paper to form a happy face tend to get, well, gummy in heat and natural deterioration after storage for 10+ years.
I am also in the process of going through my kids' memento boxes. I just know they don't need all this stuff, but every time I go to throw something away, I just cry. Sigh.
ok Guilty!! I have all of Breannas baby teeth in a little box too. Maybe I should make a necklace out of them?? ewwwwHappy April fools day!
You paid HOW MUCH for that very small tax refund?I am laughin my ass off!!Thanks for the chuckle!!Hallie
KEEP THE TEETH and throw the casts away. I see nothing wrong with keeping the teeth. In fact, I think I still have her unb chord in her baby book. Now that is gross!I knew how to do the breaks in the paragrahs I don't know how to input links. I asked Hallie but she never answered my email (HINT HINT)
Well Gosh - we are the Tooth Fairies aren't we; shouldn't we have teeth in little boxes!I did the same and they'll throw them away when I'm gone...
Chickens are great kissers! My husbands nick name is Rooster and my nick name of course.....chickki. Yep we are good kissers.I saved all of my kids baby teeth. Our house was burgluarised and guess what they took among other things...my kids baby teeth!Mom's are funny that way. Guess we just don't want to let go of the sweet baby in them.Great post@HugsPatti
I have one envelope of baby teeth for each of my two kids. No way in heck are those leaving me. Of course, I'm the twisted woman who also has their little umbilical remains too! :-P So there, you're not strange at all! LoLErrrr, was that TMI? LoL
Post a Comment