Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thank you! Diet WILL change....


Thank you everyone who commented about my exam and the diagnosis of diverticulosis! Now that the happy colon dance is over because of no polyps, I have to modify my diet. I was wondering what I did differently between the last exam 2 years ago and now to cause the "D". Lisa J commented about the peanuts and that's it! Thank you! I did some googling and although I have already stopped eating them about 2 months ago, because they seemed to cause tummy upset, I know now NOT to eat them.

My diet is boring. I eat the same stuff every day because I don't like to cook for one and food is just not that high on my list of things to think about. I absolutely love raw veggies, but they seem to really give me the "stuff" I need to put in the tank of my truck! I thought that my one BIG bowl of cereal was giving me enough fiber. Around fifty percent of people my age have this. Probably about 50% do not eat right too! So, Doc gave me a list of course, and I will be paying more attention to what's going in. First thing will be easy. I love oatmeal and I'm going to start eating breakfast and that will be the meal of choice :) I'll add that, then add more slowly so I won't be walking around looking 9 months pregnant! And lots of water of course!

I feel I have blogged about this subject just about enough! Don't you think?

Today, a couple of my AF Mom friends are really excited! Lea at Thoughts and other smart alec remarks is heading to San Antonio, TX with her family to see her daughter graduate from Air Force BMT and we are all so excited for her! Have a wonderful time and enjoy your many hugs with V! Also, Kim's son JW is traveling from Keesler AFB, TX tech school home to Indiana! She hasn't seen him for about 6 months. We pray he has a safe trip and enjoys the time with his family and all the hugs! God bless all of our military members!

8 comments:

Lea said...

Thanks Debbie! Just can't hold this happy dancin' Momma down!!!!Love ya!Lea

Leendaluu said...

Hi Debbie..Thanks for stopping by my blog--you are welcome to join me at my wit's end anytime. I'll be 50 this year so my doctor keeps reminding me that this is THE year for colonoscopy....

Daryl E said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.. its nice to meet another non-murderer crazy person on the internets! :-D

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Are you TRYING to tell me that you don't like the 8 legged dinner plate? It's not my fault...Shmoopy is to blame!!!Hallie :)

Tonjia said...

Debbie, I am glad you found out what was going on!! Keep eating that fiber, I am not looking forward to (as we affectionately called it when I worked gastroenterology) "The Silver Bullet"....Have a great day!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Thank you for visiting my blog today! Glad you had good news at your exam!

david mcmahon said...

Most important of all, look after yourself!

Treasure Barn said...

Glad to hear you are all clear!Thanks for visitng my blog. It is so nice to have a new blogging buddy.Stay healthyPatti