Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Diverticu....what?

Clean as a whistle...thank God no polyps! I do have slight diverticulosis, but Doc said add more fiber and water/fluids and no problem. I do not go back for FIVE YEARS! Yippee...

They used the same meds, but I feel slighted on the "wonderful" feeling I had last time. I was kinda looking forward to that :) Who cares, it's over and if anyone is reading... Do not put this off if it's your time to have it. It really is a simple procedure. Seriously, as easy as it is, there is no excuse to get colon cancer.
I am truly enjoying this cup of coffee right now. I almost cheated this morning, well, I did take 3 sips and then felt so darn guilty. I'm the kind of person who gets up 2 hours early, drinks coffee and gets on the computer before I get a shower. I am AWAKE when I get to work...when I do have a job. LOL

My diet could stand a little improvement. I'm addicted to cereal, and I mean a serving is a huge mixing bowl..well not that big. I don't eat a lot of junk food. I need to eat more veggies, which I do love. And of course, I can see that friggin treadmill out of the corner of my right eye as I type.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I have a great book to finish, eat something fibrous and I may take a nap :) Thank you for all the well wishes!


7 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Jsut wanted to tell you to take care of yourself and don't ignore your diverticulitis...Mr. Hallisicle had 2.5 feet of his colon removed last year cuz of his divericu- what?Glad you survived the HORNING OF A LIFETIME!!Hallie :)

Lisa J said...

My husband has diverticulitis and has learned to live with it....very carefully. No seeds, popcorn, or peanuts. I need to have the "horning" done again, but just can not make myself call for the appointment. It's the thought, not the proceedure! Stupid huh? Glad everything went well and the relief is much earned. Happy blogging!!!

Michelle said...

Good news but diverticulitis is nothing to not think about. I worked with a gal who had it and every once in awhile it would flare up and she would be sidelined for days.I know what you mean about the treadmill. I just told hubby we need a Wii because you can get a good workout and he told me to go use the treadmill!I would be fine with her even getting on this coast with me so I could see her more. It is hard when they are your only ones. Plus I was a single parent for the first 13 years of her life. We are every close. I know you understand ;(

Laura said...

My doctor recommended a Wii for range of motion with my RA... I asked if he thought BC/BS would cover it.

Nonnie said...

debbie.....came here by way of joni's morning coffee......i just had the same thing done on friday! (my first) and the whole coffee thing was the worst for me too!!! mine was at 11:00!all turned out well with mine also....however...just wanted to tell you to be careful about the whole diverticulitis thing....my husband only had one attack last june.....and ended up having to have a resection of the colon....no fun! so please, take good care of yourself and follow a good diet....cuz it was a very serious operation.....with that introduction.....(never told anyone i had a colonoscopy the very first time i ever talked to them) i'll say have a great night and enjoy your coffee!kimberly

Just Joni said...

Hi Debbie, I'm so glad things went well at your Doctors appointment. I have never had any kind of procedure done such as this, but it sounds like it is pretty common. I think I need to educate myself more on this matter...were you having problems or is this just a normal health screening?I just can't imagine no coffee!eek!well do take care and eat healthy foods...five years goes by fast ~Joni :)

Debra Estep said...

WOW.... lady we have matchingtracks. LOLBack in Sept of 2007 I was diagnosed with the same thing andacid reflux. I had too much of the bacteria - h-pylori. I too the antibiotic Biaxin for that. Everyone has the bacteria, but when there is too much of it there is a problem.This bacteria is now known to cause ulcers. The diverticulosis is not really a problem unless the pockets insidethe colon become infected. That would then be diverticulitis.XO XO Deb-N-Ohio