Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chipping and Hacking

My 4 year blog anniversary just passed me by...oh well

I've been remiss on reading blogs lately and I'm sorry for that

Before my ex and I were separated, I started all these remodeling projects around the house. The past few months, I've been chipping away at getting a few/lots of things done around here. It's almost starting to feel like my own house instead of "the house we all used to live in as a family". It's a pretty good feeling.

I've had "Randy", a guy I worked with for awhile doing home remodeling, here off and on for two months. He was low on work and I needed a good but reasonable worker so it worked out well for both of us. Charity both ways LOL

I can't do a whole lot, but a little each day is making a difference. I started the Attic Project like years ago and never got around to going through the stuff. That huge pile is being tackled. My saying is "how do you eat an elephant" "one bite at a time". I can hear Peter Walsh in the back of my head giving me advice on getting rid of stuff. It's working!

I'm trying to sell the camper and you know I just sold the golf cart. Whew. That lake part of my life is over since Rooster turned into a mean old woman. David has mixed emotions, but he can get a camper when he gets married and has kids. Not my job to provide one for him. Right? Yep.

I don't want anything extra to maintain. My house and yard is enough for me.

I actually feel like I'm making some progress on this end as far as moving on. Good days and not so good, but I'm so very, very, very thankful. You won't hear any whining or complaining from me!!

David just got some great news about his job. First, he's going to still be employed at his current location (budget cuts), plus he's taken over the daily operations while his boss tries to manage two hospital public safety departments. Whew. He's going back to Alabama next week for another FEMA class. Notches in the old belt.

He moved into his apartment last August across town and I have yet to visit LOL. His schedule and life just gets in the way. I'm fine with it. All I've ever wanted was for him to stay in the same town, do his thing and I do mine. It's all really good.

Wow. Okay. I can shut up now. This was an unexpected post.

Oh..."hacking". I went to Lowe's yesterday to get a new weed sprayer, wire shelving and a hacksaw blade to cut said shelving. Low and behold and yippee..they cut it for you!! Electric bolt cutter and saved me about a month hahahaha of sawing the darn things! I was so excited I'm sure the guy thought I was crazy. I don't get out much and these little things tickle me to death. Another blessing...

Now I'm done. I love you guys and always keep you in my thoughts and prayers :)

16 comments:

claudia said...

This was a nice post! Glad to see you've got progress. Me on the other hand...not so much.
Keep me in your thoughts tomorrow, I am having minor surgery on my elbow and for my Carpal tunnel. Reief at last!
Love ya girl!

farmlady said...

Enjoyed this post. Life is about moving forward and that's what you are doing, my friend.
I love that you are working to make this place yours and not...
" The house we all use to live in as a family." That's a really positive attitude.
I love the... "How do you eat an elephant" "one bite at a time". The "elephant" can be a lot of things, can't it?
I'm copying this and hanging it up above my desk. I may even do a post on this at some point. It's great.
Do what you can do and let go of the rest.
Take care.

Sally said...

Whew - you've been a busy little woman; I'm so happy that you found a good helper! I know when you're finished, all things in place; you'll definitely feel like "this is my HOME."

Good job on David, I know you're proud. Hey, that's all I've wanted too, being in the town as the close family. Britt's an hour away, but that's just fine and dandy with. LOL

I'm so happy you posted. I 'bout fell outta my chair. Just kidding, but I do like to know what going on you know, I'm nosy like that.

LOVE YA!!!!

Mental P Mama said...

Now this was a good update! I hope David's kitchen is better than the one I visited in Philadelphia last weekend. Gah City. Any way--keep us posted on all your projects! Cannot wait to see the paint job in the office;)

Donna said...

That's terrific that you are tackling those projects and cleaning out! Woohoo! Excess STUFF can really weigh you down, physically and mentally. Simplify!

We hated to sell and give away much that we had, but it was for the best. We still have more STUFF to get rid of once I get done with this contracting job!

You are funny about the wire shelving! They've cut it for you for several decades now...

Unknown said...

It is so good to read your words again! So much going on...good for you!
~AM

Laura~peach~ said...

excellentness!!!!!! so happy for you and so jealous of your phone LOL... love you!

joanne said...

new phone? office paint? wow, I am really out of the loop...ah well, so glad you are getting things done..chip, chip, chip. Good to see an update too!

Daryl said...

You go girlfriend .. I loved your catch up and congrats on 4 yrs of blogging ... MMS xo

Donna said...

I am GLAD you posted Girlie! I know you're on FB but I think you can say more on a blog...
Good for Son! Sounds like a go-get-er'!
When we 'gonna see some photos of all these projects? I know the house is looking Good!!!
hughugs

SOUL said...

i planned to come over an joke with you to just say -
i'm not commenting, and i don't know why"
:))
but now i have to - cuz ya sound so damn good !
i love ya lady
you ole MB!
hugs !

Chatty Crone said...

I am visiting your blog and I've really enjoyed it.

Brenda said...

Send me some of that energy!! I've been doing a little chipping too but not a whole lot,,,not yet.

Carletta said...

So glad you posted and did a 'catch up' post. :)
I need Peter Walsh to stay with me for a few days - I have boxes still unpacked from our move four years ago!!!
I know how much you worried about David - SO GLAD to hear things have turned out well for him.
Do me a favor girl - try to get out more!!!! :)

SandyCarlson said...

You are an inspiration. Truly, I need to adopt your attitude....

Reddirt Woman said...

I don't know how I missed your post... must've been when I was taking drugs for the toothache. Glad to hear you are chipping away at projects and moving forward in more ways than one. I've been excited this spring to actually feel like doing some stuff out in the yard and the flower gardens. Last year I felt so lousy I was of no help around here.

And Lowe's is my favorite place where I could max out a credit card and think it's so cool that they cut that shelving for us. I get out about as much as you, my friend.

Thanks for the fun post... sorry it took me so long to realize you had posted!