Last week I posted on Facebook that when leaving the grocery store, I got into a truck that was not mine. It wasn't locked and I got ALL the way in! I wasn't so much embarrassed as I was thinking I've completely lost my mind. It was parked where I usually park mine. I'm not sure if it was there when I went in or not.
Yesterday, after I had posted my Meanie Monday where I released a bit of pent up anger (which has since been removed but thank you for your advice) I was feeling a tad better and the rain of Lee hadn't arrived yet. I decided I'd sat around and boiled long enough and I loaded the truck with a few things to move to the shed. As I finished unloading and got back into the truck, the sky let loose.
I went to the grocery store with my usual small list. By then the storm had passed and I was focused (unusual) and I purchased my few little things and headed to the parking lot.
I was telling myself, doing great hon, I see just one truck and it's yours. No problem. Put my stuff in the truck and took the cart back to the corral. As I was walking back, a truck pulled in beside me on the driver's side. I gave him a big smile and a wave. I bet he was wondering "do I know her?". I got in the truck giggling and thought "not yet" I need to get a photo of this. I need proof.
What if had I meandered in the fruit or the frozen food aisle or chatted with my favorite cashier?
Timing is everything.
And this isn't even the same truck!

8 comments:
I LOVE THIS POST. I needed this today.
You are so normal and reassuring sometimes that it makes me feel like I will survive the trials of being an older person.
LOVE this ... similar thing happened to me but not with a truck .. with my FitFlops .. black like everyone else's .. the nail salon I go to has these great machines that you put your shoes/sandals in and any funk is removed .. I am about to pay so my FitFlops are brought to me .. but wait a sec, when did I get that schmutz on them .. I think I am losing my mind but I slip them on .. um .. I ask the owner, my friend Susan, does the machine SHRINK the straps on the FitFlops? Um no she says .. well says I these arent mine ... turns out they were a size smaller and belonged to a nice lady getting a pedi ... so you are not alone, nor are you crazy .. this sheet happens to us all in one way or another! xo
seeing is believing! glad you were able to shrug it off...;j
I once tried my key in a blazer that wasn't mine. Couldn't figure out why my key wouldn't work. I kept thinking thank God the owner never came out while I looked like I was breaking into his.
Love that you took the picture!
Bet the guy you waved at is still wondering who you are. :)
Only Daryl would have a nail salon that details your darn shoes...this is awesome!!!
And that Angel Decoy thingy on the side? Awesomer!
You steal my heart and challenge me to seize adventure.
I go to the wrong cars frequently. Every red SUV looks like mine! LOLOL
Post a Comment