Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Heaven Couldn't Wait...

Wednesday was just a day of anxiety. I think it was building up for a few days. Overwhelmed. 

I have a tendency to over-empathize sometimes. I get all of you in my head and worrying and praying. I carry you around with me in my thoughts. I'm not just a commenter or a follower. You are dear to me. However, I know I can't please all of you all the time and I just might make an occasional wrong comment. I'm human. Forgive.

Being just beside myself, I was trying to do my mental escape...the beach. Walking alone and hearing the waves and the seagulls...ahhhhhh.  I was picturing my Mom and I just jabbering away and remembering the time we walked so far down at Destin, we had to call a cab to get back to the campground! Yes, I was missing her terribly.

I look out of the kitchen window quite often. I saw this and was of course, surprised. Things are always blowing in my yard. The creek/ditch is always a problem. People run through it when they are speeding and lose control. They throw trash. This though, was different. This must be an omen. Being in the state I was....I missed it.

A sweet friend on FB commented on my status and reminded me to give it to God and that is exactly what I did. All of it. Everyone. You.

Then later in the day, I visited MPM and she had a photo of a snowman with wild hair in the snow at the BEACH. Coincidence? No way. ♥

Thursday morning, I was feeling much better. I decided to give my wonderful friend Liz a quick call. She's been very busy at work and we hadn't caught up in awhile. Somehow the subject got around to me telling her about what I saw in the back yard. She simply said "It's your Mom".

Two simple comments from two different people and a funny photo have gotten me to today. I'm good. All back to normal. Yes, I still tend to think and then I give it right back. A tug of war if you will. God will win. Smile. 



Mickey Mouse and a princess of some sort. Although my birthday is about 2 weeks away, Mom never was a procrastinator. There was no way I was going to see a cake out the kitchen window, so she sent the next best thing....

Thank you Mom for still being there for me. I miss my best and closest friend and I love you!

17 comments:

Daryl said...

Man plans, God laughs. Glad to hear that smile back in your 'voice' ..

Putz said...

i am a little depressed right now, my mom i gone, so is my dad, and so is my little sister, i am the last one from my family{the original one} and it is a weight i don't like to carry<>><of course i have wy wife and kids and grandsso i guess i shouldn't complain, but i feel so old

Sally said...

It's good to see you here, Debbie, and I know you miss your mom so much; I'm sorry. I miss my dad, but I wouldn't want to see him suffer again the way he did. ((hugs))

Flea said...

HUGS!

Laura~peach~ said...

big grins and huge hugs!!!! love ya.

Snooty Primadona said...

I still get dewey-eyed about my best friend too...

So, give yourself a hug for me.

abb said...

Our ~lovies~ never really leave us...and that is oh so very good.

Marge said...

Oh, I know, I know, I know! I miss my mom so much! Just today I said I needed to tell her something, and she's been with Jesus for two and a half years. I miss her so much.

Hugs to you! Huge bear hugs!

joanne said...

I think it must be the grand-baby coming soon that has me missing my mom so very much lately...I doubt that will ever change and that's ok with me. I never want to forget our special memories together. Thinking of you...love you, I so understand how you carry us all in your heart, I'm the same way...take care sweet D.

Anonymous said...

I dont know if you and I have ever talked about it, but I am a huge believer in angels. I am not creepy about it , but I believe that we all have our angels, loved ones who have gone to the other side before us, watching over us every day in every way.

Your mom must be your angel...... She is watching over you, and can feel your feelings and she knows what is in your heart. Your birthday has always been special to her, its something you and she, (and only you and she) share. Open up your heart and feel her there Debbie, she will never leave you.....

I am so glad this happened to you! hugs!!

Debbie said...

Love and (((((Hugs))))).

I too carry my blogging friends in my heart and in my prayers.

I am glad your Mom came to visit you. I believe in Angels also. She will always be there with you. Look and watch for her.

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

claudia said...

Your Mom and my Mom must have met by now...I miss my Mom too. I know they are watching over us and making sure we know. I get "notes" from my Mom from time to time.
HUGS for you my dear friend!

Mental P Mama said...

Covered in goosebumps. There are no coincidences. ♥♥♥♥♥

Donna said...

I can't imagine you making an inappropriate comment on a blog. I'm glad that you were able to turn down the volume of all those thoughts and are turning a corner. How neat that balloons ended up in your yard, right when you needed them!

SandyCarlson said...

I am glad you found peace. Thanks for sharing this story. You have a beautiful heart.

farmlady said...

Our Moms are always there, close by,
and they are inside of us too.
We all have times when we seem to be so vulnerable to sadness and loneliness. That is just about the time we see two balloons lying on the lawn and we know that we aren't alone. It's the little things that remind us of this.

Carletta said...

I've believed in signs all my life. I'm pretty sure these were yours. :)
Hugs,