A tooth has been bothering me for
I had called my brother and left a message I'd be coming by for a minute. I love their company, but I like going by and having a cup of coffee whether they are there are not. It used to be my Mom's house (where I grew up) and I love running by. Old habits and memories. I'm happy just to walk around the yard and look at Sharon's flowers like I did with Mom. Well, I got there and they were out for a walk. Door locked. The basement door was wide open, but I felt odd going in...intruding in a way. I had to pee something fierce. At our age, when you have to go, you have to go now. Dilemma. What the heck? No one was around, so I proceeded to go in the backyard, hidden, but in broad daylight. I've camped all my life, but this was a FIRST for me. I was polite....near the rain gutter...will wash away. Seriously?
When I was driving off, I passed by them, said hello, and went on my way. A little sad, because I always think of Mom when I visit, but fine. Then....
Thursday night, at 4:00 a.m. I have no idea how it happened but I fell out of my bed. Mom must have pushed me out for peeing in her yard, but actually, she would have gotten a good laugh out of it! I'm thinking it was my brother, for bothering them so much lately. Actually, I was wearing some flannel pj's that Mom had gotten me for Christmas and I think the top is a little small. I heard something and must have reached to the nightstand and my arm got hung up. All I know is I hit that "no carpet" floor like a ton of bricks. Thank God I didn't hit my head or break a hip or a shoulder or something. I sure am sore on my whole left side though. Ibuprofen should take care of it. Whew...
So this was a day of firsts. Peeing and falling out of bed. It could have been worse. I could have peed in the bed, broken hip and then had to explain why I didn't have on my good underwear!
9 comments:
I'll have to admit that I too have had to pee in a spot that was not set aside for peeing. It's a little scary to do that. You never know what neighbors are watching. Around here they are down right snoopy about EVERYTHING that goes on.Do we need to get you some of those little fences that used to go on the top bunk beds? That kind of scary too falling out of bed. I worry about stuff like that too when my kids are out for the night...and I am by myself. Of course I always have my dogs to make matters worse! Hope you are feeling better from the fall!Love ya Girl!
okyou got me with the good underwear...i have peed in my own yard many times because there was no way i was going to make in the house. it happens. :) hope you are feeling better. and so glad you were not in my very high bed cause then something might have broken! wish you were here got a huge pot of chili on and company should arrive sometime before 8.... bradley should arrive around 5 :)
I, too, was gotten with the good underwear... I can't tell you how many times in my life I heard to be sure and not wear underpants with holes in them in case you were in an accident and they had to take your clothes off you in the emergency room. I think we must be kin... from some weird and bent family tree. And I think you and I need to be at Laura's eating chili and playing with Bradley...Helen
I know it must be sad to go to your mom's house, but also brings a kind of peace. We didn't live anywhere long enough to have a 'family home' except my grandmother's and it's been down for quite a few years now. I find myself still looking when I go over to W Fla though, like it's going to reappear.So glad you didn't hurt yourself worse than you did, Debbie. ((hugs))
Ouchie! That's different. I haven't fallen out of bed in years, though I'm constantly knocking things off my nightstand. I hope it doesn't happen again. Or maybe a thick throw rug bedside is in order? :)
This is so funny. I could see myself through the whole post. My son lives in my mother's home (the home of my childhood) and.... well, I could just identify with all of this.I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself as you gracefully fell out of bed. That you thought you Mom pushed you for peeing in the backyard is just too funny. Thanks for the really good laugh...
I hope your aches go away quickly.Peeing outside I can relate to. So much easier than suffering. With practice, you get to be quick!That was quite a trip down memory lane. I used to have moments like that at my grandparents'. Sometimes it was overwhelming.
You are too funny!!!I am glad I stopped by today I needed the laughHugsPatti
LOL!! It could have been waaaay worse! Maybe we need to get you some of those child rails to put on there.....
Post a Comment