Went out today to go to Curves and the grocery store. I stopped by Kmart to pick up some wedding gift wrapping paper and a bow. It was 94 degrees today and I was in shorts of course. On the way in, I saw these outside:
I thought "now this feels a little like Fall". When I went in, there was a sea of orange and black this and that, etc. I took a left turn to go down to where the wrapping paper was and straight ahead...down where the GARDEN stuff is kept and what did I see?
Stopped dead in my tracks. Could we just slow down just a little bit? May I please savor the seasons and holidays as they come, without going from a bathing suit to Happy New Year in less than 5 minutes?
Got my wrapping paper, bow, turned on the A/C and pretended I had hallucinated it all.


5 comments:
LOL. Just heard my first Christmas song on the tv today. I think wedding presents are way better than Christmas ones;)
I will tell the decorations department manager at the store where I work to slow down...that way people out here can savor each season as. it. comes.
I saw some Christmas stuff today and it made me sad. I am desperately trying to slow things down and that is not helping!
I haven't been to Wallmart or KMart since I got back from vacation but I do know the feeling of summer colliding with the Holidays. It's like retailers want to take a whole year and roll it into just six months of holidays for the sake of consumerism. We had Halloween candy in the isles LAST MONTH.Ought to be good and stale by the end of October.
Isn't it just rediculous?!Time goes by fast enough without help from Kmart Ha ha
Post a Comment