Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Still Waiting...

There is a pile of old, I assume, fishing rods on top of the cabinet which holds the paint stuff.

I went through and detangled all of them and had them spread out. He was supposed to keep or toss. Never happened. At least 2 years ago. I see them every day. 

Today, I text and asked him if he had his own cleaning bucket of truck washing supplies (I know he does) and can I throw away this crap here. No, I'll go through it this weekend. I separated it all and it's nice and neat. A 2 minute job. Um.

I found 4 bottles/jugs/gallons of antifreeze. I don't do this kind of thing. Every 3,000 miles, someone else does. I stared at it and knew I shouldn't throw it in the trash. There's a place WAY OVER THERE on the other side of town where you take these things. Ugh. Guess it goes in the old paint pile.

He hasn't lived here for almost 2 years. I'm a biggie on PRIVACY. I've been this way since he was about 12. I never look at anything without asking. It's a respect thing. He took the necessities with him when he left. The junk...he left behind. It's not all junk, but it looks like it. I bet the boy has 50 hats. He needs to take time to go through this stuff. I can't make those decisions for him. I can't decide if it holds a memory or if he'll use it one day.

When he comes home, after working 2 jobs, it's his play time and I get that.

I guess I'll do it one little pile at a time...for the next 10 years.

2 comments:

claudia said...

I wish my kids had your attitude about the privacy thing. My youngest cleaned out my garage and took everything that wasn't nailed down to the dumps. I don't really know what all is gone, so I guess I don't need it, but I would have loved to be able to say Yay or Nay!

Mental P Mama said...

Oh the hats....don't even get me started. And the minute you finally toss a "treasure," they'll be looking for it;) I feel your pain, mama!