Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Monster....

It came from out of nowhere...

I thought I'd try one more attempt to remove the stuck VHS-C Adapter tape from my old TV/VCR Combo. Yesterday, I had taken the back off the TV like I was a repairman who knew what to do once he was in there. Didn't look vaguely familiar to me at all. Moved on.

Today, after putting 2 extra tsps of sugar in my coffee by mistake, I started. Using 2 screwdrivers & needle-nosed pliers, I began. Out of the blue, this determination struck. This thing was coming out. Period. It's a cheap tv and a cheap adapter. (I'd bought a more expensive one at Best Buy and then found a $12.99 version at KMart). The aggression was outright vicious and I was like a bear ripping apart some freshly killed prey after being in hibernation all winter. Like GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!


Out it came. My hands felt like they were broken around the middle knuckles. I screamed some expletives, but felt so elated! I beat it! I won! Take that you $^&%^&^%!

All that remains is a TV sitting on the coffee table with the back still off. The weapons still lay by it's side...It's downstairs. I don't have to even look at it again today. 


I have at least 50 of these little cassettes, mostly of David playing football and such, and the adapter went missing. About 5-7 years ago my ex and David gave me a machine I HAD to have, that converts VHS to digital and I haven't used it yet. Rolling eyes at self.

Maybe in the NEXT decade I'll start finish this project. Right now? Exhausted.

5 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i so must clarify... I have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of print photos and i still find rolls of film in drawers and closets undeveloped... and the digital ones are from when i bought my first digital camera... in 2004... and i am having a horrid issue... i have an external hard drive that i saved over 10 thousand pics on and i can not figure out how to getout of the little (@*^%)(#& black box... i just did a survey with sea gate the manufacture and if they live from laughing at my answers I may get help finding my photos... I just pray someone with a sense of humor reads it all... AND i have 20 some odd discs as extra back up and guess what the disc drive on my laptop the drivers went missing the guy who bought the puter for me was to fix it ages ago and has not so i cant even go to plan B to retrieve my darn photos... i think i need a break LOL... come eat some of this mac and cheese before i kill my self trying to eat it all!!!!!! OH MY

Mental P Mama said...

Snort. And, arrivederci!

Ness said...

Right on Sistah-Friend! Don't let the machine ever win! I'm pretty handy with tools...I was a carpenter's daughter(not to be confused with Jesus's daughter)I crack myself up.It musta been the lobster tail hubby fixed for our anniversary dinner.Love ya!

Tonjia said...

I bow to your greatness!! I can fix most things around the house but I draw the line at electronics.I have a fear of being electrocuted! LOLOL

SOUL said...

i am soo very proud of you !!!tell me more about the vhs to digital -- you talkin bout vcr- to dvd???? email me the answer. i been meanin to have that done-- afraid of the price. also afraid i may find out my vhs tapes have been destroyed by time. i really hope not.hugs