THEY started it. All those talk show hosts, which just reminded me I need to watch Oprah today, which I just spelled wrong because I still have Helen's okra photos and MPM's Rome photos in my head, brings me to today's post.
Ask yourself this question. I seem to have taken this to the extreme. I swear there is this Debbie and that Debbie.
Do you need it or want it? Do you use it? Lose it. And on and on.
These things never concerned me much when I was married. Could be why my ex was continually walking around shaking his head. Hey? I'm working full time..so?
Well golly how things do change.
First, I must say this. I thank God every single night for all my blessings and I really do not need a thing. Need. Key word. I have a roof, food, air, health, wonderful son and friends.
Now that you understand....I play this game constantly. Do you need it? No. Now occasionally, I will ignore myself and do it any way. The result? "Yes, I have the receipt".
I know you are wishing I'd get to the point. It was in the first paragraph. I want a new camera. Does my old one that has a crappy zoom and eats batteries like candy still work? Yes. When I post photos are they recognizable? Yes. Am I proud of them? Heck, no.
Me...most people out there have those fancy phones. You don't. Most people have all those cable channels, you don't. Most people buy lots more food than you. ETC.
Then...well there are more people who don't even have food to eat. Struggling to pay bills. Children starving. You are blessed with what you have so just shut up and get on with the day.
The game continues...
I do NEED milk and there was something else.....? Maybe she'll remember.
6 comments:
I need dog food. Dora had a breakfast bowl full of her treats. I think we need a long walk now....
oh yeah call me for details on my lost comment!
mad now posted long witty perfect comment internet ate it...
i really NEED a shower.. yeh, still. shut up-- every time i tried yesterday - i got interupted -- yes-- really! shaddup. :)) FRED :))anyhow-- let's talk about the camera issue -- my kid was talkin about sellin hers yesterday. digital SLR. ugh. i am sickened by the mere though. i paid a lot of money for that -- i can't give it away - cuz she want's a new one-- of course -- new means 'better.' kill meh. we can talk - anyhow-- what's up in the debs heads today? BWA HAHAHA -- i still have a shower - and some other stuff on my mindShugs buddy-hopin you have a great day-i really need to get outside-- 11 days -- inside -- but hey -- several days -- under 1 pack a day-- one cig an hour. owww- i'm breakin my arm for pattin myself on the back! but that aint bad from 3 packs a day -- reckon?byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh! looky-- it's almost 10:00.. know what that means? CIG TIME! WOOT!
I am at the point where if I WANT it, I still can't have it. One kid in college and one kid still wandering around not knowing what to do and where to go saps all my money. I got one of those phones a few weeks back, simply because being on the road with my shitty truck necessitates a phone. I paid dearly afterwards. I had to scrimp and scounge change from under the couch cushions. Would I get the phone again if I could go back? Yes, but I may have waited a little while longer to save up a little bit more. Oh well, we live and learn.Save up what you can in a special camera fund and then go for it!
Post a Comment