I know...long over due and I practically need a calendar to remember through the fog.
Liz and I went to the Book Fair in Waynesboro, VA and had a blast. On the Tuesday after we got back, she started feeling sick. She went to Doc and she had bronchitis. That Friday, David came home and he had a cold. No problem. Sunday night, I woke up freezing and shivering so hard I couldn't even move. I didn't think I'd ever get warm. I was SORE from shivering. Then I threw up twice and went back to bed. I thought I had food poisoning.
I've been short of breath on exertion for quite awhile and it's gotten worse over the past 3 years. I thought it was because of the weight gain, total lack of any movement (computer & no work) and no exercise at all. I was working at the jail in March and I was okay!!
Well, by Tuesday, I was one sick puppy and couldn't breathe. Liz's son Sherman took me to the Doc and I got a steroid shot, some different steroids, an inhaler and antibiotics. Bronchitis. She said if I wasn't better by night to go to ER. By Friday, I wasn't any better and David came and took me to the ER. They gave me breathing treatments, CT scan, no pneumonia, different antibiotics, prednisone. He checked everything. He said minor COPD.
Well shit, by the next Thursday, I STILL wasn't better. Now, through all this, I still am NOT coughing. At all. I still think it was all the steroids. Usually with bronchitis I'm a coughing fool. I got Liz's hubby to take me in to ER. He dropped me off and I in I went. David couldn't miss any more work and I do not know what I would have done without Liz, her family, neighbors, etc. And Liz was sick too!! 3 weeks!
The ER Doc took another chest x-ray, told me to quit smoking and basically said there was nothing he could do. I laid there for about 3 hours. One of the nurses didn't think I looked well and took my pulse ox. I was not well. It took 6 liters of oxygen to get me up to 90. Forget walking around. She talked to another Doc and all of a sudden, I had pneumonia. WTF???
Whatever, Admission. David on his way. Thank God!!
I'm tired of typing... I'll write more later ya'll. Love ya!
10 comments:
Oh Honey! I am so sorry that you have been sick! I think about you every day and hope that the reason you aren't online is because you are doing something fun or working or something like that.I will pray for you to get better soon, soon, soon!Thank God for friends and sons, right!?!Luv Ya Girl!!!
Pneumonia is fast and deadly. I am so thankful for your friends, too. And now? Get some rest. Seriously, do I have to come down there on my broom?
You can't know how sorry I am you've been so sick; I knew it was bad but not the whole picture.Please take care, and know that I think of you often. (((hugs)))
Oh my gosh, Deb...to be honest, you just described the way I feel right now. Except coughing like crazy on this end. All I can say is, I'm really glad the NURSE did her job! I imagine you've still got a long road ahead of you? I will never understand why you had to jump through such hoops to get disgnosed and treated, but that just seems to be the way it is more often than not. As Mama would say...GAH!I'm glad you're back, I'm glad you're on the mend, and I like your new blog look! :)I still have a few more questions...
Get well soon. Thank God that they found out what you had and started treatment before it got out of hand. Take care and you'll be in my prayers tonight. God Bless.
ps-- i want the monkey back :))he made me smile :))oh alright-- it's your blog :))where can i get a monkey? :0
i bet you're smokin right now aintchya?it's an evil thing, those ciggies. and so hard to kick. if you do decide to quit-- i'll pray hard for ya.i have every medical reason in the book to quit too-- but even chantix failed me. :(( anyhow-- i hope your over the worst part and on the mend.also hoping you are feeling good today, and with the folks you love for a very happy , feel good thanksgiving!!!!big hugs--- and wishing you the best of everything todaylaterz-
Man that was a very close call. I am thankful that you have friends that you can count on as well. I guess I don't think about that, how difficult that must be since I have family near. Goodness, you were sure lucky that nurse took further actions....thankgoodness for dedicated nurses!!! Take care friend and get to feeling better soon.
Opulently I acquiesce in but I about the collection should have more info then it has.
Hope you're okay now! My husband and I love Waynesboro--about 1and 1/2 hours from where we live in Tidewater, VA. We love to eat at SOuth River Grill. It's a favorite spot of ours on our way to see our son and his family in Covington.
Post a Comment