Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Received This Email...

Debbie --

This morning, Michelle and I awoke to some surprising and humbling news. At 6 a.m., we received word that I'd been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009.

To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

But I also know that throughout history the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes.

That is why I've said that I will accept this award as a call to action, a call for all nations and all peoples to confront the common challenges of the 21st century. These challenges won't all be met during my presidency, or even my lifetime. But I know these challenges can be met so long as it's recognized that they will not be met by one person or one nation alone.

This award -- and the call to action that comes with it -- does not belong simply to me or my administration; it belongs to all people around the world who have fought for justice and for peace. And most of all, it belongs to you, the men and women of America, who have dared to hope and have worked so hard to make our world a little better.

So today we humbly recommit to the important work that we've begun together. I'm grateful that you've stood with me thus far, and I'm honored to continue our vital work in the years to come.

Thank you,

President Barack Obama


Just sayin.....

10 comments:

SOUL: said...

geesh-- that would be--'discussion'too much cough medicine i think.bleh. sorry

SOUL: said...

no way???cool. altho-- hubby and i had quite a decision on one of his recent-- but not so recent-- decisions just this morning.but good for him-and really, how cool for you-happy sunday--ps-- i really do miss the monkey -- do YOU feel better, now that he's gone? :))

Sally said...

Well, did you thank him for letting you know. We commoners had to read it in the paper. :)

Mental P Mama said...

You're so popular;) Did you write back and ask for a job? That's what I would do...

claudia said...

No way! I haven't checked my email yet. I probably only got an email from the Prince of Accounting in the Republic of Ballalai!

Flea said...

Psh. Ed McMahon sent me a letter from the grave telling me I might have won a million dollars. :) I'll share it with you if I do.

Debbie said...

Of course anyone who signs up can get the emails! I was in a discussion about this and the negativity surrounding it. Purpose of posting the email was the content. I like what he said :)

SOUL: said...

haha-- anyone who signs up-- and here i thought you were special.well you are ya know.well anyhow-- why no hiways and biways pix? join the fun.. then you can be teased for forgettin like i am :))keeps me on my toes ya know.hope your day is good

SOUL: said...

there's a little somethin on my page for you :))

SOUL: said...

DEBBIE!!!!see? i knew-- i'm just senile-- you knew that already tho--- but you were half right on the other thing you said. but it's nothing illegal, or overused-- i promise :))YOU crack me up!do the thing and put up the other thing.how's that for cryptic?my sis hates it when i'm 'cryptic'lolhugs and a very happy day to you DEBBIEbwahahahahaha