Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter...Favorite Son!

Seems "the boy" thought spending Easter weekend at Myrtle Beach would be more fun than coming home to see his poor old Mom. The Mom who, on Friday night, was extremely worried about him driving home in the thunderstorms and tornadoes and driving rain. She paced and looked out the window. Where was he?

We have a code. If I call his cell phone once and then don't call back, I'm just checking in. At first, I would call back and I told him if I call back again the same night then I want to talk to him. He said it would be better if I called twice in rapid succession. Back to back. Um....okay.

I debated all week yesterday whether to buy him Easter goodies. I have up until now. Knowing there is uneaten Christmas candy in his room, I had narrowed this down to just a nice card and Peeps. Tradition is hard to let go, you know? I mean, he's my boy and it's Easter. I want him to still believe in the Easter Bunny. Sigh. Peter Cottontail still hops down the bunny trail at our house, darn it!


About 8:38 I'd worried for way too long. This is ridiculous and Friday Night Lights was coming on soon and I wanted to relax and drool at the Coach & Riggins. I code called. He called back. "Are you coming home?". He said he told me earlier in the week he wasn't sure what he was doing, since it was only Tuesday. A friend invited him to the beach, free room and he went Thursday! Why am I thinking he knew this when we talked Tuesday? Ummm. I don't blame him, I'd rather be there too! I just want him to stay safe and have a Happy Easter, however, just because I can......I'm putting a photo I know he won't like on my blog!


Happy Easter David! I love you, punkin :)

11 comments:

claudia said...

It is so hard not to worry about them, isn't it? I KNOW in my heart that they are okay, but my mind still runs down the list of things that could happen, and I pace.Glad you finally got to talk to him and ease those worries, although I know it would have been much better to see him in person!Love the picture. I could never capture mine on film, they move too fast!I hope your Easter is a good one! I am taking the day off work...who ever heard of doing hardware type things on Easter Sunday? Crazy owners are leaving the store open...!!!Love Ya!

SOUL: said...

don't you hate that they grow up?ugh.i'm having the same easter basket debate myself--well, i got the basket-- i just haven't got anything to put in it yet.happy easter

Sally said...

hahahahahaYou're gonna hear about it, that's for sure! Adorable little boy.

Mental P Mama said...

The heck with the code business. He must answer when his mama calls. And that picture is too precious for words. Happy Easter to you, too my friend. xoxo

ChickenGal said...

The older one is married and we went to their house last night for dinner and I took him an Easter Basket. He made that funny groan like ahhh mom... you are so silly, but I know he liked it and will share it with his wife. The one still at home doesn't want the fuss either, so I made up a basket and put it on the counter for him to share with his dad and his friends when they come over. They all have been dipping in the basket, but it is OK it is not like a "real" Easter Basket.I have been on an egg hunt all week. The hens are out of sorts, I think it is because of the full moon. They have been laying their eggs all over the place, in wierd spots, not in the hen house in their nests! I found some in the back barn, next to the feed box and under the parked truck in the yard (I just happened to spot her sitting there and decided to look, otherwise I think I would have missed that one) I am sure I have missed others, because my numbers are down. I think I will keep them in the hen house until noon, so they can finish their business in there! Happy Easter!

Putz said...

do you know my wife banned me from blogging over just thwe sort of thing you just pulled on your son????yes pictures and in p.j.'s and words that tell about embarassing momments...just be careful

Tonjia said...

awwww isnt he just the cutest? And he still is...You dont have to stop worrying about him, you are his mom. He needs to keep you in the loop! Have a happy easter Debbie, I hope your day is full of sunshine and happiness!

Lisa said...

Oh I soooo know how you feel. I worry about Beth and she just doesn't get it. But someday.....someday she will and I will just sit back and GRIN!!! Tomorrow she is coming home to have Easter dinner with us...and her birthday is Monday so we will do her birthday tomorrow as well. It will be a good day. I hope you have a good day, Is Rooster home?We are having storms all day tomorrow...oh well.

GJ MR. CHICAGO said...

Ok, here is the deal! Can I be your son? I would absolutely love a mother like you! :) Mr C loves Easter Candy!

BerryBird said...

Love the picture, Debbie. I think you may have found a solution to getting call-backs in a timely fashion -- every time there is a slip, you can post a photo he won't like. Haha! Brilliant!

Just Joni said...

I went back and forth trying to decide on Easter goodies for the kids this year too. Tradition is hard to break, but I did manage to pick up a couple of nice kites they can play around with when they're looking for some cheap entertainment.That's such a cute picture of david. They grow up too fast! You need to get text messaging girl...keeps ya in the loop better, because you get actual words back. I love seeing "Home Safe" or "I'll be late"by the way...cute new icon pic...it took me a minute to figure out who you were...that was a day I didn't have any coffee.