Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Well Now What?

Jail career is over.

It was quite a long day yesterday and the day before actually. It's Saturday morning, the sun is shining, David is home and Rooster is making her way back home. I'll go into what happened on another post.

You wanna hear weird? I asked the doctor to check out my thyroid. Well in the midst of all the voice mails yesterday, I got one from them. Me, the friggin cereal Queen, is Vitamin D deficient? Yeah, and they called in a supplement which I have to take once a week and get a followup in six weeks. I live off cereal. My first thought was oh shit....rickets. Thank God for the Internet.

Unfortunately, my thyroid is fine I guess. No pill for me either Mama.

They didn't mention my cholesterol which I'm glad. I'm sure it's high, but I guess the "D" took priority.

I have a crying hangover. You know, when you're eyes feel like they've been rubbed with sandpaper and all around is puffy. I hadn't cried in a long time so it was a heavy duty one. Complete with pulling over into Vogler's Funeral Home parking lot, head on steering wheel. Then I noticed my fuel light blinking.....

On a much brighter and happier note, I would like to thank Ms. Claudia over at stitchintime for honoring me with this award! I will treasure it. You are a sweetie hon, for thinking of me and I really appreciate it! I believe I'll have plenty of time now to comment on lots of blogs!


I do believe I'll start right now....here I come, ya'll :)

12 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Awww. Put some teabags on your eyes and rest. And the &^%% thyroid docs are starting to annoy me. By the way, vitamin D is a good thing;) Something good is coming your way. It is.

claudia said...

Aww Deb, if I was out there closer to you, I would come over and give you a day of spa treatments befitting a queen! Spa stuff is so therapeutic.I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now. I truely hope it all gets better. And {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} back to you from the other side of the states!

Sally said...

Goodness, I'm sorry, Debbie. Please don't cry~everything's gonna be okay. Fingers crossed. (hugs)

Brenda said...

Oh hon, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Maybe it's the beginning of new and wonderful things to come!

Lisa said...

No, it is tears of JOY, RELIEF, you have escaped that hell hole that you were trapped it. It is not tears of sorrow, tears of fear, it is truly tear of relief. You are going to be fine. You were looking for a job when you found that one and if you want you will find another one. Take time to enjoy a few things first...like Rooster coming home. Now you won't have to worry about splitting your time with her homecoming and work. You won't have to worry about your aches and pains, for now they can heal. You are going to be fine, infact, better than fine, you are going to be GREAT. hip hip hooray, you dumped the jail. I am jumping for joy for you. NOW you can get a dog!!!!! Debbie you can get a dog or even a goat!!!! ( a miniture one if you get one please!) Oh happy days are here again. I am so happy for you!!!! Ok, and here is a HUGE hug for you,uummmmmm !!!

MUD said...

My momma said that between my cousin and me, one of us would wind up in prison. My cousin is a guard in Arizona at the Super max. The pollen count for Red Cedar here is above 30,000 PPM and I feel like someone lined my eye lids with rocks. I am glad that another person in the world escaped the military with a retirement. Notice I didn't say sanity? Thanks for stopping by my blog. MUD

Tonjia said...

I am glad you quit! I think that job was a blood sucker and gave nothing in return. SO.. my suggestion. Take a deep breath, hug that boy of yours, look forward to seeing Rooster soon and life will deliver a good job to you. Its your turn.I have missed the blogging Debbie too. So now you can blog more often! :-)

Donna said...

OhMyGoodness Sweetie!! You're better off Out Of There!! Now dry those eyes!! It's Spring!!! It's ALL going to work out!!! Sending hugs sweetie!!!hughugs

SOUL: said...

it's hard to leave a job... even if it's rough.. you always think or hope it'll get better. but when you leave it the hope of that is gone.i was in the navy for 8 years--- my last command was hell. i hated to wake up in the morning to go there-- but i knew i would have another duty station some time soon. when i left the hope of a better job and treatment was gone.it's grief , and strange you ended up at a funeral home during that time.consider it buried eh?your friends are right-- better things will come your way.take care , and move on.hugs to you-congrats on your award-- they are always fun to get eh?yeehah-happpy sunday

ChickenGal said...

I feel your loss here. Losing any job, whether you liked it or not, SUCKS! And there is a sense of mourning involved.( stopping at the funeral home parking lot....how appropriate!) Two of my boys are on unemployment.. as of 3/6..."do to economic situations...we are sorry to say that we have eliminated your position... It included me too! except I was temporary PT, filled in for vacations....anyway I think most of these companies, including the one they worked for,are using economic crisis as a way to get rid of higher paid workers and then hiring workers for lower wages. That is what happened where my boys worked....it was a big FU....they were really pissed, anyway they(the company) still kept my husband...(he has been there 28 years)cut his hours to 40/week and then expected him to train his replacement! He gave the guy 2 weeks to learn the program and the guy is a bonehead and didn't get the program so this week he sinks.....My Husband is going to sit back and watch, do his job and come home early....YEAH!

Flea said...

I'm so sorry. Leaving anything is tough. Always.Did your doc check your thyroid antibodies? My thyroid levels always came back fine, but my new doc in Tulsa checked my antibodies and they were through the roof.

foolery said...

Most of the time a separation from a job (especially one you don't like to begin with) is painful but works out better in the long run -- sometimes even the short run. That's been my experience every time, and it's what I hear time and again from friends.I hope you find better things, and enjoy having Rooster back again!-- Laurie