Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

I'll Probably Be Fired But Who Gives A Shit

I cannot, and I tried, get out of my driveway. I even tried shoveling until I realized THAT would not be good for my back, shoulder and chest. I called and yes they are both pissed. They live in the city and I live farther out, where we got more snow. And it is solid ice under that snow.



The lovely leaning pine tree finally fell. Across the creek. Thankfully it was AFTER all that rain. It can stay there until Spring. I may get back in bed, put my head under the covers and give up.

Not give up, just NOT GIVE A SHIT right now.

12 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Yeehah! It is not worth killing yourself. Go back to bed. And then take a nap later;)

kim-d said...

Have the a-holes give me a call, because I have the same truck and I KNOW that unless you have about 1000 lbs. worth of sand tubes in the back, you weren't going anywhere. Eff 'em; I don't think you get paid enough to try to risk your life to get there. Would the world REALLY stop if criminals got their snacks a little off schedule? I think not. Take care of you, my friend.

Brenda said...

Hell, tell em if they need you that bad, send a truck to pick you up. That'll shut em up.

Sally said...

Yeah, what Brenda said! Take care, and get some rest. Wow, those pictures seem alien to me! Thanks for sharing and reminding me why I live in FL (except in hurricane season). :)

TSannie said...

There's always tomorrow...(sigh)

asthmagirl said...

I could see if you hadn't made an effort, but you did. What are you supposed to do, shovel all the way to work?Be good to yourself!

Tonjia said...

dont worry about it, let them get mad. Tomorrow is another day!

Lisa said...

I like the idea of having someone come and get you if they are that hard up. But be sure to pull your truck all the way back down the driveway so they will have to drive down it to come and get you. Then "slip" as you come out to the truck!!!! ha ha ha

claudia said...

You are right, you don't need to be taking a chance with your already hurt self. Screw 'em. I'd doubt that they would realy put in more effort if in the same situation.I know this is a day later than you posted...I been sick as a dog, I slept ALL day yesterday.

Putz said...

read all about my snow in utar, last three blogs have been about the same storm or strom you are talking about.....i am withoput anybody in park city and it is snowing right now and i am a prisoner in a 398 dollar room in a lodhge in deer creek....wife left to get mother's funneral ready{i will join her later} but meanwhile i am alone with a hot tub a booK{read about my book on my blog gave it a 1 with 1000 being a real good book[ AND AM QUITE LONELY...WEIRD ISN'T IT???

Sally said...

You didn't get fired, did ya? Hope not, and hope you're doing as well as can be expected, Debbie. ((HUGS))

ChickenGal said...

Can't believe you got all that snow! My girlfriend outside Charlotte called to tell me she got 4" and everything was shut down....and she was loving it! It missed us, but mom and dad got it at OBX.....