Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I May Be A Designated Driver...

I've never been to a Nascar race.

I've visited Talledega and Daytona. David goes all the time. His Dad and Charlotte go all the time. This Sunday, Charlotte is not feeling well and they can't go. I sincerely hope she feels better, but this means David has FOUR tickets for the Martinsville, VA race. Did he even consider taking his Mom until she hinted for 5 minutes? Hell, no. Mom, Beer, Race? WTH? Until the thought smacked him up side the head....Mom doesn't drink. Um.......

DD! Hey man, we have a DD! This is a good time because he has a very early appointment Monday morning. He can come back from the race and leave from here and make it by 9 a.m.

The final decision has not been made. I told him to think about it. Consider taking his poor old Mom as a last resort. I did mention Rooster, the good BFF that I am, but he said sorry, but he'd rather take guys. I do understand. Also, e has other "friends" that could be a DD, so I really would be taken only if THERE WAS NO OTHER CHOICE. Does this bother me? Not at all. I don't blame him. He's still at the age where he'd like me to just wait in the truck till it's time for me to drive. I could listen to the race on the radio...outside the track. This would be fine with me because I am just a tad scared of the NOISE. It's loud. Extremely loud. I would look silly with my hands over my ears. I wonder if he'll buy me those ear cover things? I'm just hoping the end is like this, so he'll be happy that his Mom brought his guy luck.

Not getting excited here. No not at all.

9 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Do you want me to call him?

TSannie said...

Boys! When do they grow up? O wait! They never do!

Michelle said...

Hey, I would say that considering what happened last year, he better take his mom for protection. LOLHe should take you and you should go.

fishing guy said...

Debbie: What neat photos of my favorite team.Thanks for your comments on my site.

Sally said...

I can tell you right now, you are braver than I am. I hope, if you really want to, that you can! :)

Tanya said...

LOL, well I hope he picks you!

claudia said...

I love the races. I would be demanding that he take me, even if it meant I was there for the DD-ness of it. You are such a sweet mom, letting him mull it over.

ChickenGal said...

Never been to a NASCAR race but love the NHRA Drag Races and have been to several all over the country.I know the races are fun to watch, but the best part is the fans that are *hitfaced and try to walk up and down the bleachers and don't quite make it! Or the worst part is the *hitfaced fan that pukes on you... Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the race this weekend. Take some photos for the blog!

Tonjia said...

keep hinting, he is probably loving it!We used to go through Dover when the NASCAR races were going on there, and man oh man were the crowds huge!