Seems to be my thought every day lately. Absolutely no motivation. I'm sure it will pass at the first sign of Spring.A few updates:
Worker's Comp is sending me a check to make up for 2/3 of the money I'm losing hourly.
They are sending an Ergonomics guy out to the jail to observe and comment. Finally.
The last time I saw Dr. Ali Baba he gave me permission to deliver one buggy a day and work with the P/T twice a week to see how it went. This was 2 weeks ago. Work did not agree because of the way he wrote it. Grrrrr.
Tomorrow I am going back to Ali Baba after the P/T gives me written instructions for what Ali Baba SHOULD write. You think they could just talk on the phone? As in communicate? Sigh.
Good news is I'm taking the day off and doing this on their time and not mine. I'm feeling better, but it could be because I'm not lifting anything. I won't know until I actually do something. Plus, tomorrow is inventory day and I just don't want to do it again. Every week is ridiculous. Ya think they'd get the information on the computer and base our stock replenishment on consumption? No. Too logical.
I have really appreciated all of your support and have felt the love here and I thank you. I still like the job, but think in a way it's a depressing one. Subtle, coming in the back door. What am I doing for the greater good? Giving treats to criminals, making their stay more comfortable? Seriously. I guess I do bring a little happiness when I visit them. Chocolate makes most everyone happy.
I just heard on the news that 3 men burst in to the house of a 96 year old woman this afternoon and robbed her at gun point. It was over in the neighborhood where I grew up. Actually on the same road as my P/T. She's fine and they caught them. Yep, I might just smack them when I hand them their commissary.
5 comments:
You'd think they would get the inventory right. Ours is all in the computer, we do spots checks and then every now and then something will come up where we know the count isn't right and check that...it's so much easier. I run and on going inventory on my department weekly. Just to make sure I'm not getting ripped off by the kids. I do notice an increase when school's out. At least they are stealing stuff that is relatively good for them..art supplies. It still breaks my heart!I hope things start going in a better direction for you. Especially after the Ergonomics guy comes out to see what's going on. And good for you they are sending you a check for something at least!Hang in there! You can do a Debbie wants on google too. That comes out funny as well.Love Ya!
Good for you, Debbie, going to Ali Baba on 'their' time!Take care of yourself! I'm glad you're feeling better, at least physically. ((HUGS))
You know, if you like the job then stick with it, but if you don't, then please leave. You can find another job, you were looking when you found this one, you will find a different one if you look. Just make yourself happy. You deserve, you need it, and you're gonna get it! I just think this job is not right for you, because as an outsider looking in, I don't feel that treat/appreciate you like they should. They are not very organized, so major waste of time and resources and just aren't very smart. Therefore putting you and your health in jepordy.
Ok I got one for you....just recently in the area, 3 young punks, went to an elderly woman's house and demanded money...she wacked them with her Emril pot, twice!!! They ran from the house, but with the snow on the ground,they were found and guess who it was.... the kid who does her snow shoveling !
so did Dr yaba-daba-do get his orders written correctly?
Post a Comment