Saturday I lifted the leg of a table with a TV on it with my left arm. Damn, that smarts. Other arm.
Monday, at the ER, with pains in my chest and my back so bad I can't even breathe through my nose, much less cough or move. Guess I tried to rip my chest from my breastbone on the left side. Plus my normal pain in the back, left side, between shoulder blades decided to kick in major to keep the chest pain company.
Muscle relaxers and some anti-inflammatory meds and rest. Giving birth did not hurt this bad.
They wrote me out of work for 3 days and of course, my co-workers are not happy. They'll have to deliver and now I'm worried about work an losing my job.
They can't fire me for being out can they?
Any ideas on what to do if you have this type of pain/injury? Home remedies? Other than don't don't do it in the first place?
11 comments:
No, they cannot fire you. Too bad you didn't do it at work...Lots of rest and anti-inflammatories. Wish I could be there to help....poor baby.
Aw Deb. I am so sorry! I know how you are feeling...did that almost same thing a few years back.Doc said she had never seen someone do that before. I guess there's a first for everything.No they cannot fire you! I doubt they would try anyway. You are an asset to them.The only thing I could do for that was to relax, relax, relax. Boring I know. But I literally did not move a muscle unless I had to go to the john. Warm then cold compresses, drink tea, (but then I use tea for everything)I, like Mental P Mama wish I could come and help you out!
I hurt for you...feel better fast!
They can't fire you. Chill.As to what helps, sounds like you've gotten some good advice. Relax. And sleep with your arms on pillows so everything kind of floats. Find a way that's comfortable. Pillows under knees and what not. Let everything line back up properly.
Other than not breathing and a heat pad. Keep a pillow handy to hug tight if you have to cough or sneeze, or even take a deep breath. I feel for you dahlin!
Oh man Debbie, that sounds just awful. I am so sorry. I don't have any great ideas for you at all. Some friend I am huh? I would not think they could fire you with having a doctors note. Man I hope you get to feeling better and I hope that doesn't happen to you again. please just rest and take it easy and if you don't get better, see doctor again for physical therepy. don't let it go too long.
I wish I knew the magic special treatment that would make you heal faster. Meds and rest is about it and it seems you are doing that. No they can't fire you and too bad it didn't happen at work. Get well my friend.
Oh....poor you! yes, anti-inflammatories and no movement if you can help it...a good time to get caught up on some reading! Thank you so much for the wonderful idea to put Earl's picture on that photo blog...I did it! I doubt it will win, but a little exposure is better than nothing. Hope you feel better soon!
Drugs would be my first instinct! I hate pain. But drugs and I don't get along too well. See someone as soon as posible if all these things you are doing don't resolve the pain. Chiroprator, ortho specialist.... just having gone through recent surgery, therapist are really big on ice for inflamation! But if you are not better, get another opinion!
geez I just read what happened. Are you ok?try moist heat. or better yet Those heat packs that you stick on. I love them.of course the meds that they gave you will help. get some rest girl!
So, this all started with an accident at work, and then one at home? I'm guessing here. Workman's comp is the pits, and those dr's they send you to are the pits also. I really am sorry you're in so much pain. Hang in there, Debbie. I'm praying for you HARD!!! ((HUGS))
Post a Comment