Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Short Update...

I knew there was no way in hell I was ready to go back to work tomorrow, in fact, I haven't had much change in the pain unfortunately. I made an appointment with my doctor and went this morning. She said it sounds like a workmen's comp claim and to call my Human Resources, which I did. She sent me to the jail to pick up paperwork and gave me the name of another Doctor to see right up the road here. Also gave me paperwork for a drug test. WTH?

Any way, after all that, everything's killing me. I had felt the twinges in my breastbone for the past few weeks, since I started sitting down and picking up the bags. All of them with my left arm. I thought it was gas, because hell, it usually is.

When I lifted the table I've lifted 100 times before, it was the last lift, so to speak. It would have happened at work if it hadn't happened here.

I tried to go to their doctor today but they are closed for lunch and I'm exhausted. I'll go 1st thing in the a.m. because technically I was written out for today any way.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I hate being alone and being in pain. It's a first for me and I hate it. I saw both of those "co-workers" and neither one told me to feel better soon. Pathetic.

I've got you wonderful people and I thank God for that. Well, and David. I finally called him.

9 comments:

Flea said...

Glad you're working the workman's comp angle and that you're able to trace it back to work. My Hunny went through it with his back and comp and they sent him to a fantastic physical therapist, after the xrays and what not. Just make sure not to let them give you the run around. Stay on top of things at all times.

Mental P Mama said...

I wish I were close by...

ChickenGal said...

You are not alone, we are all here feeling your pain. Get your rest and don't let them push you around at workamn's comp!

Tonjia said...

your coworkers sound like a couple of losers! I wish I lived closer, I would pick up MPM and we could come over and keep you company.love your layout! where did you get it? I have been looking for one with columns on both sides..

kim-d said...

I wish I could come along with Tonjia and MPM and keep you company. You know I know that it's no fun to be alone when you're in pain. I also know that worker's comp can be a pain in and of itself, so don't let them give you the runaround!Awww, Deb...this just really sucks and I hope you heal quickly. As for those co-workers, I have two words for them. BAD--REALLY BAD--karma. Wait, I guess that's 2 + 2 words. You know what I mean. :)

claudia said...

I sure hope you get some releif soon. It makes me hurt thinking that you hurt. (Cause I remember that pain all too well!) Take care of yourself sweetie. And like the others. if I could be there to help I sure would be!

Brenda said...

Well I'm hoping you're feeling better soon. Being in pain sucks!

Lisa said...

Debbie, I am so sorry you are going through this "alone". But we are there in spirit and it seems you do feel it.Just rest, take it easy and then maybe you can get started in some pysical therepy. Then, maybe then, you will get some relief. Please be careful and do what the doctors say. Hugs my friend, I am so sorry for your pain, you need a goat! (or a dog!)

kimmy said...

Your "co-workers" will get what's coming to them. Hope you are feeling better.Kimmy