Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

You People Buy Candles To Get This Smell?


Naked AND cold. Gas mask to practically anaphylactic shock. I even moved my recliner and favorite TV to the "computer room" and I still woke up with gosh awful headache. It's not worth it! I'm regrouping here. This tree will be righted and put in front of the dining room window which currently has NO window treatment and white OUTSIDE lights will adorn the fresh smelling tree which will be left OUTSIDE to enjoy.

This weekend, I will go and buy a (hopefully already discounted) new artificial tree. David, please forgive me, if you still read this blog. We'll still use it, but your Mom will breathe much easier this way.

Thank you all for reminding me I need a tree. Smile.

If I ever quit moving them around and decorate them, I will be sure to post a few photos. I swear, my life did not used to be this way! Okay, well maybe a little.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Sure hope that headache gets better now that the tree is outdoors. It'll be pretty all lit up out there.

Tonjia said...

oh man, sorry you are having this reaction to the tree. I have the same reaction to Bath and Body works stuff. I have to walk on the other side and hold my breath when I pass their store in the mall. It prevents a sneezing fit. LOLArtificial trees are the way to go Debbie, you can even buy them already decorated!

Sally said...

I'm sure David will forgive you. It IS a pretty tree, though, and will look beautiful outside.Take care.

Mental P Mama said...

David will be fine. I think it'll be pretty all lit up outside your window. Feel better;)

kimmy said...

The fake ones are easier. I love real trees, but they are SO.MUCH.WORK!!!!Kimmy

Lisa said...

I love real trees, but the smells do bother me too. I bought a fake tree last year and just was not pleased with it, but I am going to keep using it. It cost too much money not too, but it just isn't the same.

Michelle said...

I have gone through 2 artificial trees since Shay was in the womb. I love them!! They are already strung with lights which means I do not have to do it. But, like I said, not this year. Hope you start feeling better soon.

ChickenGal said...

My DIL has severe allergies to the live trees and even the fake candle smell too! So we go with the artificial. She decorates hers and then throws a big sheet overit and and my son carries it down to the basement till next year. She touches up the decorations and maybe adds one or two new things and it is great.

Kayla said...

Oh yes, tree allergy here too. Our fake one does the job quite fine. I do love the smell of pine though.

ChickenGal said...

What, you have never been to the Outer Banks, OBX ! It is the best place to go...if you like peace and quiet. But I do like Albemarle too,near Charlotte, it is still pretty rural there and we have great friends that are native to NC. Even though I was born and raised in OHio, I think I was a long lost southern daughter, and I try to come "home" as often as I can. Some day we would like to live south! thanks for stopping by my blog, I enjoy reading your too!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I think it's a great idea-- you've made lemonade out of lemons by deciding to still decorate it somewhere where it won't kill you. It's still a gorgeous tree.We bought a terrific artificial tree from Kmart for 75% off about this time one year. It was SO wonderful, I cried when we had to leave it behind (much to big for a british cottage). Can't wait to see what you find (I guess you won't be buying a pine scent to stick under the tree then?) ;-)