Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Well Ho! Ho! Ho!


A Christmas tree magically appeared by our garage last night. Was is Santa?

Actually, it was from a friend of David's who normally brings us a tree if he tells him we want one. I didn't have a clue this year and really didn't know what I was planning. With David moving away and not knowing his schedule, the thought of a tree up with just me to decorate and look at it, was a little depressing.


David was home this weekend and just up and said this afternoon "we have a tree". "What?" (yes, I heard him...needed time to process) "Oh."


Well, right before he was ready to leave, we were standing in the garage saying goodbye, with the tree all tied up standing by the jet ski. I'm still thinking there is no way I can get this thing upstairs. David to the rescue. "Well, while I'm still here, we might as well get it up and in the stand."


That's what we did, and off he went. I need a gas mask, and am hiding in the computer room, hoping the "wonderful, fresh cut tree smell" will dissipate quickly and I can resume my normal activity. Breathing. I've gotten all the needle mess cleaned up and now that it's there, I'm glad.


Debbie also had a reality check smack upside the head. Well, duh, Debbie, what in the world are you depressed about? David is here, not in the Air Force, as in remember how crappy last year was? As in, crying the whole month of December and trying to make happy times because you never knew when he'd be home for Christmas again? Smack. Slap. Smack. You can all smack me too. Feel free to just let me have it.

MP started this process this morning when she posted Augie's first Christmas ornament. Thank you, Mama. I started going through photos with the intent of posting David's pictures with Santa over the years during the month of Christmas. David saw them and we laughed and hugged and next thing I know, we have a tree up. I'm going to decorate it and take a few photos of our special ornaments and enjoy this beautiful season and be so very thankful!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you!! If putting up a tree will keep you from getting depressed I am all for it. You will have to post pictures once it is decorated. I'm not going to put up any decorations this year. I have no iota of a chance of Shay coming home for Christmas and will be taking hubby to the airport at 5am on christmas day. It is so not worth it for me.

Brenda said...

Trim that tree girl and keep in the habit of it, you never know when that young man of yours will meet a nice girl and bring grandbabies into your life. You wouldn't want to forget how to decorate would you? :-)

Tonjia said...

I am so glad you got the tree put up! Do some inventive decorations this year, change the way you decorate it. might be fun.I am SO glad that David is not on some Air base somewhere right now...

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I knew I looked drunk in that pic!! But that was so early in the night - I had barely finished my first drink. Just a bad blink moment!We had more fun than I expected!Hallie

Lisa said...

I am happy for you. Yes, last year this time you were in a whole other place huh? So things do work out....hang in there ok? I need you! Scoot over, room in that boat for me?

kim-d said...

That is a beautemous tree, Deb! I wish I was there; we would decorate that baby to within an inch of its life...BWAHAHAHA! I run on the theory that there is no such thing as too many lights. Yup, that's how I roll :). Ya know, Deb, I just have to say--I think David sounds like a really good son who loves his Mom. Some guys his age wouldn't think twice about just going their own way. Sometimes we--you and me--have to remind ourselves to look at what we DO have rather than what we DON'T have, huh? We could be doing a helluva lot worse...BWAHAHAHAHA! Now decorate that tree and take pix and share with us. Please?

Mental P Mama said...

I am so happy you have a tree up. It will give you good cheer. Seriously. And the Augie ornament? It's the first thing he looks for and hangs. Sniff, sniff.

Putz said...

hello lake lady...did you get yur tree up at the lake???????????

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh, I completely understand. That is one gorgeous tree!!