Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just One Wish, Santa

This one just about did me in.

My Dad died when I was 4 1/2. I have no memories of him. I can remember where we lived and a few other insignificant things. When this precious little girl says "I missed you" with that look on her face, my stomach just goes into knots. I usually have nothing and this is a first.

I know as a young girl, my little heart just couldn't handle the trauma and I blocked it out completely.

God, I wish I could remember him, because I know somewhere in my head, I miss him terribly.

6 comments:

claudia said...

This did me in for sure! What a wonderful Christmas story!I am so sorry that you missed out on having your dad around. I can't imagine what that would feel like, I do know it had to be hard on you.And yes, my little family is a lot happier than we were when you and I first "met". Everyone is working and that helps a lot. (Now if I could just get them all to pitch in and help me with the bills and groceries...it's gonna happen, believe me!)

Mental P Mama said...

Oh Debbie. My heart is heavy for you. But I have hope that out there somewhere, he knows this and he is watching over you. I say that because I am in the same boat.

Tonjia said...

my heart goes out to you Debbie, no one knows how you feel unless they are missing a parent too. I hope, for you, that you can learn more about him and that you can find the parts of him that are still alive in you...

Brenda said...

God Bless sweet lady.

Lisa said...

Ok, I can't watch this right now. I am in really good spirits, and I fear this is going to be a sad video. I just can't handle that right now. So I will say, that whatever is heavy on your heart, I am truly so sorry. My step-daughters' mother died when she was 13 and I know that the holidays are still hard for her. I just try to be good to and for her. Finally she has come around to liking me and we are building from that. I am truly so sorry that you are heavy hearted, and I will come back and watch this when I have the house to myself! Hugs my friend. Hugs hugs and more hugs.

Sally said...

I can't watch, Debbie, because I'm on dial-up, but my heart aches about your dad. That is so very sad.Thank you for stopping in tonight; I thought I had lost you because when I changed the template I lost "everyone" and have been trying to update for days now.Take care of yourself, and try to find some peace. ((HUGS))