Now I find myself with it and no one particular situation to attribute it to. I have the feeling I'm not alone either or maybe it is just me. Am I watching too much cable news? Am I too interested in this election? Have my eyes just now opened up to what is actually going on in this country? Have I had my head in the sand and just too busy with my own life? Has it gotten so outrageous that everyone feels this way?
I find myself so easily angered when normally I'd just shrug it off. I know it has something to do with the election. I read the newspaper online and read the reader's comments and everyone is fighting. Freedom of Speech, yes, but aren't we taking it a bit too far? Are there no rules any more? No respect for others? Just say whatever is on your mind no matter who it hurts? Have we just thrown everything out the window?
I am normally, or at least I was, a very positive person. An optimist. I'm still trying to stay that way, but it's becoming increasingly difficult. I'm flat out friggin scared now. Not crippling scared, but worrying more than not. Now, when I find an Angel penny on the ground, instead of smiling and thanking God, I now pick it up, still thank God, but put it away to save and then hope I find 99 more. Just one example of how my brain is working now.
This all came to a head this week when, on the way to work, I got mad at the truck in front of me. He was going too slow. I automatically assumed, they were either on the cell phone, eating breakfast, an illegal alien who didn't know how to drive, or some other ridiculous assumption and I passed him in a NO PASSING ZONE. WTF? Only to realize, he was behind a slow car and was maintaining his distance. I yelled. "what the hell is wrong with you, Debbie?" This is not me.
I've got to get on grip on this. I need to get back to basics. Take photos outside. Take a walk, take a ride in the country. Enjoy the beautiful things in this world. Visit my blogging buddies. See more positive to override the negative. It works. I know it does. I start each day thanking God. I think I'll do that more during the day. Schedule it in. Schedule in happiness and beauty and remind myself constantly of what is right.
I visited Patti at Treasure Barn this morning before posting. Even though I hate spiders, her post on the beauty of their webs and was reminded of the effort and energy that goes into them. I may never tear another one down, because it's a symbolic reminder to me of what's happening today. All of our webs are being torn down and broken apart and it's got to stop.
11 comments:
You can leave nature's cobwebs, but start getting those out of the noggin'! Life is magical and beauty is there, waiting to be noticed. Put on some happy and joyful music. Yep, grab that camera and get some fresh air too! Have some FUN again! And then POST about it, OK?
Yeah, what Donna said. Get out and enjoy this beautiful day. No television.
It's getting hard to keep an optimistic outlook with all the news media going on and all the bickering. I find myself losing patience much more now.I cried yesterday because I had to go buy groceries and I didn't want to spend the money that I was going to have to hand over for the paltry amount in my basket. Then I yelled at my MD in the parking lot because she asked me if we could get some extras...I am overwhelmed with my bills and a daughter that cannot find work, another in college, and one on her way home to help with bills and such. (but not here for another four weeks) I'm going to have to take your advice to yourself and get out there to see the beauty in this world of ours.
It' hard to stay up these days...but you gotta figure out how to do it! I've been feeling the same as you lately and don't like it one bit. You know what? I'm taking Donna's advice. To hell with all the "responsibilities" of the day. My camera and I are takin' a drive!
Please don't be so hard on yourself, Debbie. Life gets more mysterious as time goes by, but we do have the choice of trying to look past the evil and seeing the beauty. Take care! (*HUGS*)
Hey girlfiend! SO glad to hear from you and thanks so much for mentioning my post about spiders.I still hate then too!! I just have an appreciation for them now.Things are pretty scary for everyone right now, All we can do is pray. It seems as if the whole world is going to hell at times. We do have to focus on the beauty in life and our loved ones. This election has got me so confused and I too listen to way to much crap news. I don't know who to beleive anymore.You are right...go for a walk with your camera. Take those wonderful pictures you used to take and share them with all of your blogging buddies. I have really missed hearing from you .Glad to hear your son was home to visit so soon. I am sure it is taking some adjustment without him around .Have a great weekend. I will be looking forward to hearing from you again soon.HugsGod Bless YouPatti
Debbie I am glad that you have takent the time to visit Etsy. It is a place where you can still purchase handmade items and in these hard times it is a blessing.Glad it made you smile. There are lots of artists there to make you smile.Hugs'Patti
hey lake girl, i want to walk just right out of iraq, fire the housing magnets, and try not to give house away free to youngone just getting started while i had to EARN my home
Oh there is my Debbie. Throw all the "junk" out and just enjoy life. Enjoy the moments that bring you pleasure, and find them in the simple things.I miss you! I wish you did not have to work, I miss our talks, but I understand that life does not lend itself to you not working right now. But with time maybe we can get back together. I missed class Friday, just flat forgot to go. I have the grandson, bil called and wanted to take us out to dinner and I said yes. Just flat forgot I had my first night of class Friday. Oh well. I will figure it out or just not graduate in Dec. Life will go on. I wish you lived around the corner and we could go for walks, and take pictures together. But we will just have to talk via the internet and be good friends that way. I am just glad you are MY friend, and I am glad you accept me for who I am. Thank you bud, thank you.
OK, I think you are in my head. I find myself on the very edge of agitation more often than not nowadays. We are having major drama at work, and I keep asking myself why do I care? I hate my job, I am burned out on my profession, so why does it matter?I seriously need to schedule some mental health upgrades too, just step back, take a breath and inhale the beauty that God has made... maybe we should pick a day to post about the good stuff? I am game if you are.
Stress will get ya! I was there and had to STOP and breathe! Took some Yoga classes and they really helped. I try to get to yoga at least once a week. I found a class taught by a registered nurse and the class is mostly 40+ women and over 140lbs! So we roll on the floor alot and laugh at all our shortcomings. i also try to do the pool 3 times a week so I can float off some stress, and if not I walk the dogs, and walk and walk and walk, always breathing..... my other stress relife is watching my chickens run around the yard! I remeber a time where I was screaming at slow drivers and actually followed one to where they were going and stopped and pulled my car along side so they couldn't get out odf the car and just screamed at the woman, and told her how pissed I was and how stupid she was....that was my turning point...so I feel for you...Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog....hope you are feeling better soon!!!!
Post a Comment