Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Dear Diary...

Dear Diary,

As I sit here and stare at the blank page, I'm not even sure I want to convey, yet again, another comment about the ups and downs of my life. If you could speak, I'm sure you would say "Damn, more shit". "Yawn". Thankfully, I can tell you to shut the hell up and just listen. I'm feeling sad and overwhelmed today. I wish things would just settle down. The boy has a lot going on and I just want to be there for him. He wants me there, but just not in person. He's reached the age of just needing a backup if necessary. He went through a really tough incident at work recently and was injured. I probably shouldn't even be telling you, since there is legal action pending against person who injured him. It involved security, needle boxes and puncture wounds. We should know more today and I'm praying he will be fine. I just want to "fix it"
, like when he was young and I can't. I feel like my hands are tied and I'm left just staring off into space.

I was supposed to start my new job today. I've asked for a new start date next Monday. I'm not sure if an unrelated man can understand how a Mom feels, but I hope he does. Personal life is not supposed to affect business, but at this stage of the game, what the hell. I can't seem to concentrate on anything else. I'm angry to the point of nausea that this happened and just have to sit here and let it churn in my stomach. I keep telling myself to get up and get busy. Get your mind off of it. I'll let you know if that works. I'll write more later....


14 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

NOt sure what to say but know that as a mom, I get how you feel. I will pray my ass off for a good outcome to this issue.I think your asking for a different start date was a very smart move. You need to have your WHOLE brain in the game when starting at the jail.I'll be thinking of you both all day.Hallie

Mental P Mama said...

I am only thinking positive thoughts for David and you. And you did the right thing by delaying your start day. Keep me posted.

asthmagirl said...

I hope that the issue with your son works itself out. Sending postive thoughts your way!

Michelle said...

I agree, probably a good idea to ask for a new start date. You don't want to be around those guys and not have your head in the right place. I am sending positive thoughts to you and David for a good outcome today. Keep me posted.(((((DEBBIE))))))Michelle

claudia said...

I so understand how you feel about wanting to fix it and not being able to. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and David. It is good you have a new start date. You don't need the stress of "learning the ropes" as well

Tonjia said...

((((((((((((Debbie)))))))))) I dont blame you for asking for a new start date. This week you need to focus on David.I am here if you need anything, you both are in my prayers..

Kellan said...

Oh, Debbie - this sounds like a very difficult time for you and your family - I will keep you in my prayers and hope for the very best! Take care - Kellan

Sally said...

Goodness gracious - will keep you both in my prayers. Good for you asking for a new start day; hopefully by then it will be worked out. God bless.

claudia said...

You know Debbie, I think you and I need to listen to your song on here from Carrie Underwood...Jesus, Take the Wheel. I am so sure you and I need to take that break. You know the saying..."Let go and let God" Just know that I am here for you, any time you need to spew forth with what is going on. I so completely understand!

Lisa J said...

Take care friend, I know you are hurting, but I just feel that everything is going to be ok. Thanks for being there the other day for me to vent. I really appreciate that. Seems these kids can really try our hearts huh? Gotta love them. Talk to you soon.

Putz said...

ha ha , i'm retired no more this monday or next monday for me....hoooray i loave martina mcbride...thanks

TSannie said...

Good thoughts, positive thoughts...and the realization that doesn't always work. BUT I know the thought of all your friends thinking of you and your boy must surely buoy your state of mind just a little (at least I hope so). Blessings, Debbie, blessings!

Joni said...

my mind is creating lots of scenarios to better understand what might have happened and maybe at some point you can fill us in...but meanwhile keep a positive attitude, pray and try not to worry about stuff that can't be controlled...maybe it's best to keep your mind busy with the new job...in any case I'll be sending you wishes for mental relief...take care dear friend.

kim-d said...

Ya know, Deb, I don't think there is anything in the world that prepares us for parenting adult children. I think it is very hard sometimes when, more often than not, all you can do is NOT to do what your instincts tell you to do. And stupid jobs seem even more stupid when we're dealing with truly more important stuff in our lives. So I'm glad you were able to delay your job start date; that isn't where your mind would be right now. Good for you for recognizing that.For what it's worth, always here for ya, girl!