Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Technologically...

I've been playing with the Magic Jack thingy and carrying around the cordless I have it hooked up to and no one knows the new number! I tried forwarding my OTHER phone TO the cordless with the new Magic number and it took but the cordless won't ring. It seems to be working fine though. I managed to enter my first test text message on the cell phone and when I hit send the damn kitchen phone rang! Big coincidence of course, but I thought "what the hell did I just do"? Many would comment....read the instructions. Well, David gave me his old phone and I have to see if I can locate the book. Right now, it's easier to dial the number, talk and hang up. As of today, when I hear ringing, I have to clue what to answer. But at least (see big smile) I have a cell phone to take to the lake if I go alone!

Any readers yesterday, noticed I got just a little frustrated on the "enlarge the picture" aspect of Blogger or Picasa or ??? I appreciate your patience in my efforts! I invested way too much time just so you could see little brother Mike standing on top of his desk. OCD...ya think?
Today I need to drive down to the lake (60 miles) and set off a bug bomb, drive back, figure out what we need to RESTOCK the camper that was for sale in order to stay the weekend. Clutterless me gave everything to Goodwill. Even the brand new toaster. We may end up just staying in the lake/pool and eating out until I make the LIST. David is taking the jet ski down tomorrow and bringing a friend of some sort. Going with the flow seems to be the way to go.

I've also got to figure out how to schedule posts since I won't be here after tomorrow morning. If you don't see me, then I got confused and gave up for today LOL and decided to mow the ever growing back yard some time in between the above chores.

Now for some local news:
Raleigh, N.C. — North Carolina officials are saying CUL8R (see you later) to WTF.

Not everyone realized 'WTF' was slang for "What the F***." Does your license plate have an unintentional innuendo? The state Division of Motor Vehicles is offering new license plates to those who received tags with the WTF letter combination. WTF is a common cell phone and e-mail abbreviation for something you can't say on the air.

There are an estimated 10,000 of these plates and I personally do not think it warrants spending all that money to replace them. I'm wishing the text savvy teen who pointed this out had put a sock in it. I was going to try and GET one!

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You are too funny. It's easy to pre-post. If you need it, I will email the directions to you. Otherwise. Why not just hang up a gone fishin' sign, and do just that!

Lisa J said...

Yea, and once again one of my blogger friends leaves me behind while they go off on a wonderful little weekend vacation. When is it my turn? I live 1 mile from a little lake that you can not swim in (water sourse for the town) and I live 10 miles from the large Keystone Lake that is 22 feet above normal. And I don't ever go to the lake or anything. Part of that is because they have restrictions about the whales laying out on the beaches. They cause too much distractions for the tourist. So I have to stay away. Have a great weekend. I'll send you an email later catching you up on my week!!! bye

Michelle said...

Congrats on the phone. Now you have no excuse not to call me! And I agree with mental above, hang up the Gone Fishin sign and enjoy your weekend. We can wait for ya. But post-dating your posts is pretty easy. You write the post and you save it. At the bottom of the box, before the save button is a link to Posting Options.Once you go there you can set the date to a future date and time.

Michelle said...

I was also going to tell you when I bought a new Dodge Caravan I went to pick up the plates and had to take them to the DMV. I told them I wanted to exchange the plates for new ones. They said why? I did not want a license plate that said 001 GYN. I would rather keep the plates that have WTF on them.

Carletta said...

So glad you ARE going to the lake!I've thought about pre-posting but it seems like so much to catch up on when you return. It's so hard to decide. I for one will be here when you get back.I'd want one of those plates too - does that make me bad? Wait, don't answer that! LOL!!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

That is funny about the plates! I think I would just keep them. xoxo NitaP.s have fun.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

That first picture is great. I feel like that's on my head almost all the time. and I just love stories like your local news story. Ha, ha, ha. But yes, I agree, spending the money when there are, like, a billion other things more worthy of money is ridiculous. My plate is the letter F followed by three numbers. That's just what I got. Everyone thinks it's a vanity plate, though I just can't imagine what.

BerryBird said...

I completely agree with you about the license plate nonsense... a complete waste of time and money. Who cares? WTF?Hope you're having a blast at the lake.