Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gotta Love My Bro...

Gosh I love ya bro...you can make me laugh the hardest of anyone out there!

Mike is three years younger than me and when we were young, it was his goal in life, still is sometimes, to aggravate the crap out of me. It was just Mom, Me & Mike (our Dad died young) and we drove her crazy fighting, especially when she was at work trying to put food on the table. He especially loved grabbing at my feet when I was going up the basement stairs. I still think of that when I go up those stairs to this day. He says we drove him crazy having to live with two females. There may have been a lot of yelling and fighting, but there was just as much love.

He's had a camera of one sort since he was 9. He started making movies when he was 9....had a Super 8mm camera. He had that damn thing in our face constantly. You bring up something we did and he'll say, I got it on film. He went through the black & white developing phase and actually tried to teach me. He had a make-shift dark room in the basement, among lots of other projects over the years. He actually had a tree house and caught it on fire. Mom never knew what he was going to do next. He's very intelligent, creative and just down right crazy. I could post his antics until 2020 and still have more.

Mike started out working in a camera store, awkward pause here because I can't remember what came next in his career. Any who...he produced all the commercials for Lowe's for 7 years and made some of the best ones they've had. He's got a few Addy's to prove it. Making movies was always his goal in life. Worked on a few here in NC too. He's quite the perfectionist. A little OCD here and there. Whenever I ask him to do something for me, he'll say he's not an expert in that, and he'll end up doing a darn perfect job no matter what it is. He just doesn't GET how good he is.

Fast forward a bit here...Mike's living in our Mom's house with his fiance Sharon, since Mom passed away. I love her to death and they've got a perfect relationship. She's a graphic artist and manages their two websites: HaleyVision and One Cherished Moment. She's also designed a few others. She's also very intelligent and creative. For the past few years, Mike's been a freelance videographer and loves it. He shoots, can edit, but Sharon's taken on the editing part. Well, that didn't always pay those bills! He recently got a job with a company out of Pennsylvania and works contract for Volvo. The boy didn't know diddly about PhotoShop two months ago. Sharon gave him a few lessons and off he went.

Just like a kid with a new toy....getting paid to play. How much better does it get? Okay first attempts at job photos:

Pretty exciting Volvo Mac truck parts, I know....

The bro knows I'm doing SkyWatch each Friday so he wanted to contribute:

Click here to enlarge: Gmail - Big bad Haley.jpg

Then he tells me the A/C is out in his building and he had to move his office outside. Please enlarge photo to actually SEE Mike at his desk working!

Click here to enlarge: Gmail - Copy of Office outside.jpg

Yes sir ree bob....gotta love my bro!

And he KNOWS why I picked this song :)

11 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Great post! i have a younger bother like Mike. Don't you just want to squeeze them?

Andrea said...

Great post. Sounds like you have a wonderful brother. The pictures would not enlarge for me so I will have to come back later.Andrea

TSannie said...

Aren't brother's just the best?? Mine is 14 years younger and we're still very close...I love the way you use words, Deb.

Alias Liz said...

I have to get this outa my head...I have a younger brother. He's the bright one. The man could stare at a flat tire and fix it without lifting a finger. I love him dearly. What makes the perfect gene go to younger brothers?

Donna said...

Geez!! Wish I could learn my photoshop!! These are great!!hughugs

Michelle said...

Another thing I do not know how to do. Thanks for pointing that out. (LOL) I am the youngest and the only girl. I have a very close relationship with one of my brothers and a non-existant relationship with the other. (Stories for another time). I also am unable to enlarge these at work. Damn Network Nazis.

Carletta said...

He sounds like a wonderful brother Debbie!Smart one too.I'm going to check out the links.(The pictures wouldn't enlarge for me either - seems to be linked to a gmail sign -up account form.)

Jules said...

I have a younger bro named Mike too all he wants to do is take care of all of us...just got to love em!

Tonjia said...

you are so lucky to have a brother. I have always wanted one.. and this song brings back so many memories, of hiding around the corner and watching my middle sister and her friends talk about boys with Connie Francis playing on the stereo...:-) thanks for the memory, Debbie

Ok, Where Was I? said...

Here I thought the only thing I could do with Photoshop is all that stuff PW talks about over on her site.

Putz said...

so mike is that big tall kid towering above the buildings??i like aliens and it looks like to me he could be put in that category and i just love blogging to a military family