The original pissant is any of a certain group of large ant species, commonly called wood ants, that make mounded nests in British and European forests. The name pissant arises from the urine-like odor produced by their nesting material—pine straw and pine needles—and the formic acid that constitutes their venom.[3] Formica rufa is one such ant, but there are others with similar characteristics. In the United States, the word pissant can refer to any small ant that infests a home.
Thank you Hallie Wonderful World of Wieners for giving me the dictionary idea today...didn't know if everyone knew what a pissant was!
Well, I was pissed to say the least! Yes, I started smashing them, but you know that never works! I could see where they were coming in around the window over the sink. I reached under the counter and grabbed my spray bottle of vinegar and water. Ok, that's all I had! Well, I'll be damned if it didn't work!! I sprayed the counter and the window crack and after about an hour of checking back and smooshing....they are gone! My son hates the vinegar smell, but I'm a vinegar whore and who knew? :)
I went to the dump yesterday and as soon as I backed up and lifted one piece of wood, I had help :) The guy from before remembered the knucklehead that hit her head and didn't want it to happen again :) So now I have a dump friend! Yes, I'm proud and lucky because I dump often and now I'm thinking of the Two-da-loo I posted before! Stop....don't go there, Debbie!
I will mention this and then I'm outta here.....


5 comments:
Debbie,Ohhh dear Lord if you could have seen my hubby Michael last night as Kyle wrecked JR. Meak and mild mannered hubby hada HUGE meltdown. Scared the poor dog so that she ran away and hid. Hubby was absolutely LIVID !!!But I guess that's racing.I can't wait to hear the driver intros next week and hear Kyle boooooooed to no end. Yeah... let's just shoot him. lolI hate ants and kyle. :))))))XO XOAFMom Deb
Piss ants? Dump Friend? I'd say your weekend is complete.:)
You scare me! And you are into car racing??? At least my race only last about 2 minutes of going around and around. Yours last hours!!! And the point is? I think I'll go clean the garage.Hey, I bought 10lbs of bacon for $11.00 here at a grocery store called Reasors. Roast for $2.37 a pound and ground chuck for $1.86 how does that compare to your area? I was really pleased. I bought the kids each about 6 roasts and 8 lbs of ground chuck. Didn't share my bacon though. Was just wondering how that compared to you.
OMG, Deb, I had to doublecheck and make sure I wasn't actually at Hallie's WWoW when I started reading about the piss ants--HA! Moron here didn't even know there really was such a thing as a piss ANT; I've only said it in reference to people, usually of the male variety :). But that's okay because I'm supposed to be having a very bad day. Just don't let me hear about you taking a dump with your dump friend. I'm sorry. People having very bad days apparently like to spread it around. Hehehe...
Hey, good job at soliciting unloading help at the dump! LOLOLWay to get them ants, you go girl!
Post a Comment