Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Little Angel...

What a week, or it seems like a week. It has been terrible and I have shed many tears and hugs. My best friend's daughter was pregnant with her first baby and her first grandson. She went into labor early Wednesday and they did an emergency C-section. Her due date was August 14th. Little Mason weighed 1.5 lbs. at birth and was so adorable! Poor little guy fought so damn hard! Thursday afternoon he developed massive brain hemorrhaging. God has him in his hands now where our little Angel can rest. We know there's a reason, but sadly, emptiness has set in where there was so much joy. Please keep Ashlie and her family in your prayers. She will need all the strength possible. She is a nurse at the same hospital and has so many friends, a loving family and a wonderful support group. She will need time and healing, but will survive.

Thank you all for being here...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I have unlimited long distance and no minutes on home phone. Send me the number girlie!!

kim-d said...

Awww, Deb. I am so, so sorry for Mason's Mommy, Grandma, and the rest of the family. It is my opinion that there is nothing worse in this world than losing a child. Nothing. Remember to speak of Mason often to Ashlie; I am sure she will want to know that he will not be forgotten. And give her and Grandma a hug for me. And one for yourself, while you're at it. Wish I was there to do it in person...

Mental P Mama said...

So, so sorry to hear/read this. My thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Lauren

Carletta said...

Debbie - you are in my prayers as well as your best friend and her family.As you reach out and help your friend and her daughter please remember to take care of yourself as well.I will be thinking about you and keeping you in prayers.

Lisa J said...

Oh Debbie, so sorry to hear your sad news. Man what a week you have had. I hope you find strength and then find some time to just sit down and cry. I am so sorry for the loss and what should have been such a happy time. Hugs my friend!!!

BerryBird said...

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. ((((Debbie))))

Tonjia said...

Debbie, my thoughts and prayers are going out to this entire family.. May God bring them strength.

foolery said...

So, so sorry to read this, my dear. I will be thinking of all of you this week.-- Laurie