Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is good therapy...and it's free!

Rather strange thing happened this morning while I was drinking my coffee and doing that other controversial thing I won't mention. Normally, at least for the past six months, I wake up thinking about David's insane decision to join AF. This morning, however, I was thinking only about what I was going to post about! Seriously, this is a wonderful, creative, positive and healthy way to start the day and gosh could I add any more adjectives?

I was talking to one of David's best friends last night while he was waiting for him to get out of shower. I said "Today I was pretending David doesn't live here anymore and I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself". He said, in his infinite 22 year old wisdom..."Probably the same thing you're doing now" and he had a very good point. Such a simple statement said it all.

What do you do when you don't have a role to play?

Immediately after I typed the above question, I had a long and wonderful IM conversation with my AFMomDeb friend. It was almost as if she was listening and answered! We discussed this topic at length and she shared some inspiring ideas and thoughts with me. I'm still in the processing mode so I will share later.

On another blog I frequent, Laura said "this was not the blueprint for my life". We all have them...dreams of what we think our life is going to be like. How we deal with the constant re-drafts of said blueprint is reality.

I guess I'll be heading back to the drafting table...



5 comments:

Pioneering in PA said...

Do you think that David's friend had any idea that his words would have any impact? He might think that what he said was so simple, and common sense, when what he did was to help you realize you have other options. Life is too short (although, I do know that blah blah blah it's the longest thing we do in our lives) but truly, don't be the person who is waiting to pass on in a hospital bed in your living room while watching tv, when there is certainly nothing wrong other than old age.Be that person who took life by the horns, and ended theirs during a wild ride. Do your thing woman, I'm sure it's already staring you in the eyes.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

I can't imagine how hard this time is after they are present everyday in your home for so long. I totally understand not knowing what you're going to do, or how it's going to be. I'm sure it's going to suck for a while! But if not immediately than gradually you'll find a way of life centered on what you want to do. Imagine! And then it will be normal.I was so excited to hear the Boston Legal song while I was reading. I love that show and everyone on it. Mostly my boyfriend Jimmy Spader though.

Debra Estep said...

Hey Debbie,I've heard it said that Angels and Spirit Guides will sometimes speak through others. That sure sounds like where the words from David's friend might have come from. Quite profound. !!!We are ALL connected... happy to be around to chat with you. :))))xo xo Deb in OhioProud AF Mom & AF MILhttp://deb_inside.typepad.com

Michelle said...

The great thing about life is we can always reinvent ourselves. Get to that drawing table and start drawing!!

Laura said...

How strange that I found myself wondering what I would do when the mothering is done this evening...and then I clicked on your blog. I, no we, were so sure of what our future would be. It is frightening to think of that future, the one where the kids don't need me like they do now. There is comfort for me in knowing I am not facing that situation alone...I'm so very glad I've met you.