Over 50 and not into Facebook and Tweeting
You have to read this to the end!!
A good laugh for people in the Should I really join Facebook? Over 50 Group!!!
When I bought my Blackberry I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.
You have to read this to the end!!
A good laugh for people in the Should I really join Facebook? Over 50 Group!!!
When I bought my Blackberry I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.
That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone and every other program within the texting world.
My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.
The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little loud.
I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead. Well, it was not a good relationship.
When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.
To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.
The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them in with me.
Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look.
I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do toot a lot."

9 comments:
Hahahaaaa....Lordy Girl, this is Exactly how I feel sometimes!
Hope you're having a great day!!
hughugs
ROFL! I can relate to some of that! I don't know why the GPS voice is so sarcastic sounding. We were on one trip and did a pit stop. Hubby was driving around and around the parking lot to find the exact spot he wanted (rather than walk an extra 20 feet, LOL). All the while, the GPS voice is "recalculating". Finally, in the most exasperating tone EVER, the voice says "there IS a better route available"! It was hilarious! We have yet to hear that again - just that one time! So now it it one of our favorite things to say to each other while we are on a road trip.
LOLOL!!!! That is too funny; I love it, and neither do I want to learn how to tweet or text. Life's to short!! :)
ROFLMAO!!! "bisaxual".. LOL too funny. Yay us for being well versed in the techo revolution!!!
ROFLMAO!!! "bisaxual".. LOL too funny. Yay us for being well versed in the techo revolution!!!
ROFLMAO That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. I think funny, because I can relate to it!
Love the bisaxual. I will have to use that one at work!
Thank you for the giggles today!
Bwahahahaha! Bi-sacksual. Love it!
You got my attention!
Cute Debbie
Happy New Year
I love it. I'm thinking if it take batteries, we really don't need it!
Post a Comment